which colour should I get?

I am getting my actual belly dancing costume on monday. I am so excited, It's a long skirt with a coin belt woken into it and a highly decorated coin brassier too. It looks like something off of the dance of the seven veils.

Anyways I'm thinking of getting it in either red or black, but I'm wondering if with red I will be too red (I have red hair) and with black I won't be able to wear it to my photoshoots because black is a very bad colour to photograph. I believe it also comes in cyan blue and green, but I don't know which one to get.

I don't have any photos of me in red or green.

summerdance

Best Color to get

Hi I actually think the cyan or green might be best for you with your coloring. while I agree with old saying that red and black are must haves for Belly dancers, I have seen a lot of the blues and greens too. Whatever you get, make sure that it is Versatile and can be worn with many diff things. I like sets that can be changed up to make several diff outfits. You dont want to limit yourself to the same look all the time.

Yeah, I plan on getting several outfits all of which can be mix and match, It's just that I really want one now to start off with and then I shall get more and add to them and mix them around as I go.

Everyone I know in person has said the black one, I just appreciate all of your advice as I'm new to this scene.

Marisha

I like cyan & green the best - I have red hair and light skin and those colors look quite flattering on me. Black is definitly the most versatile but if you are dancing in a dimly lit space or in front of a black background, the black costume may disappear unless it has a lot of gold or silver detailing.
Marisha

KuteNurse

I am sorry to confuse you, but black is classic...I would go black. Good luck with your decision and your dancing.

Oh don't worry about it my lovely (Sorry I'm a very loving person), I'm already confused as to what colour I should get. I think I'll probably spend an hour trying them all on. I was just wondering what colour you all thought would look good on me. At least I know people don't think I should go for red so even though you think you're confusing me you're actually helping me.

I think I'll get them all, they're a pretty good price and quite beautiful. It's just choosing my first one. You know when you love something in all colours and just can't decide? I really wish I could wear these clothes every day :p

Well they ran out of black and my mother refused to let me get cyan (Teach me to go shopping with her) so I got purple.

My sister took these with her camera phone, but here it is. Sorry about how grainy they are but I'm in love with this outfit and couldn't wait for my photoshoot.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I like that color with your hair and eye makeup -- it's good!

I'm a readhead now, and about the only color I hate on me is yellow. Something about pale skin and yellow fabric equals death.

Red is usually good on redheads, in my opinion. If you ever dance with stage lighting ask for an amber or red gel over the lights. White is deadly to redheads and blue or green light can make your purple costumes look black.

Here -- you should get this one next LOL
Dahlal Internationale

I don't actually dance for people and doubt I ever will. It's something I do to keep fit and feel good about myself. I buy the clothes because I will never get to wear them otherwise and it'll be good fun on a photo shoot or on Halloween.

White's not too deadly to me. It can look a little bland though at times. I don't look too bad in yellow look:

Yshka

Hi there! Im a bit late in joining this discussion but I just had to say that purple outfit looks amazing on you, very nice with your hair colour also!! You really don't look bad in yellow either, nice pics:)

Dressing up does make dancing even more fun now doesn't it. And who knows, you might dance for someone someday:cool: If not, dressing up just for yourself is great fun too!

hehe, the only way I'll end up belly dancing for someone would be to make a photo shoot look authentic :p or for my boyfriend -looks angelic-

Thank you so much. I love my purple outfit -wants to put it on- It makes me want to practise more just to wear it. A very good motivation tool :) Apparently pinks the colour that doesn't suit me.

I have far too many photos don't I?