Who are your favorite male dancers?

seona

I found in BDSS web site the male dancer is "Samir' Profile: Samir - Bellydance Superstars that I've never heard of, and he is ex-Cirque du Soleil performer according to his bio. Even I live in NYC, I've never heard about him. :think: Maybe Tarik would know about him.... I'll ask him.

Thanks for posting. Wow he was a performer in Cirque du soleil! I'm intrigued now. I Did look on Utube, but could not see anything.

Oh and lucky you - I beleive Tariqs your teacher :dance:

Daimona

:think: In real life I've only seen DaVid of Scandinavia and Ahmed Fekry and like them both. Apart from that, I've liked most of the videos I've seen of Tito performing.

Pirika Repun

Malexah

My fav male dancers

I have 3 amazing guys:

1. Yamil Annum (from Argentina)

2. Amir thaleb (from Argentina)

3. Mohamed El Hosseny (Egypt)

I recommend you to watch their videos, they are all Professional, unique and
Their technique is perfect!

seona

No problem. ;)

Yes, Tarik is my teacher, and I'm really lucky and proud to be his student. He will have his show this coming Sunday December 5th! http://www.bellydanceforums.net/belly-dance-events/13565-tarik-sultan-25th-anniversary-gala-celebration.html

Hope the show went well :dance: I see from your link students performed, did you?

Malexah, I've seen Mohamed El Hosney before but haven't seen the other two you mention - will have to check out! Or can you post clip/link? thanks :)

Last edited:

Malexah

Hope the show went well :dance: I see from your link students performed, did you?

Malexah, I've seen Mohamed El Hosney before but haven't seen the other two you mention - will have to check out! Or can you post clip/link? thanks :)

Hi, I will, let me just go on my computer, (cuz I'm on my iPhone)

Salome

Administrator
BUT DONT KNOW HOW, HOW CAN YOU POST THEM SO THEY CAN BE READY TO BE PLAYED?

copy the url *only after the = sign* and paste it in the reply box. There is an icon in the upper left of the reply box that will wrap a youtube tag around the url and the player will display then.

Oh wow, thank you everyone for the generous mention. This thread was just brought to my attention and it is truely heart warming that you feel this way about my dancing. Hope to see you at an event or festival soon!

Thank you again,

DaVid

Mohana

Reading a lot in this section and I'm totally excited because I have a couple of guys joining the beginners class i teach next semester. I've seen men belly dance, but I've never taught any, so it's been hard trying to do my research & see how to encourage them and make certain moves more masculine. I'd rather have them come out as skilled dancers, not just as noveltie acts... you know?

So i was wondering who your favorite male dancers are? Youtube links would be great :)

My favorite has to be Jim Boz! I took a zills work show with him and got to meet and talk with him & he is just so funny and nice :) Also a very talented dancer and a WONDERFUL teacher :) He's well traveled and knows A LOT about the culture :)
Jamil is my favorite! I love the upbeat way he interacts with the audience and other dancers. And the skills are impressive!

YouTube - ATTAR - Sydney Professional Belly dance troupe. (Jamil Male Belly Dancer)

Farasha Hanem

Oh dear - that's a *VERY* old clip...

I have some better ones on my website!

I'm sorry, Zorba! :( Can we embed videos from other sites, like yours?

I still like this performance. :)

Oh wow, thank you everyone for the generous mention. This thread was just brought to my attention and it is truely heart warming that you feel this way about my dancing. Hope to see you at an event or festival soon!

Thank you again,

DaVid

You're very welcome, David! :D

Last edited:

khanjar

Currently Nath Keo ;

Sorry can't embed the player for some reason, but here is the direct link to Youtube;

YouTube - Cycle of Life - Nath Keo

There was an excellent video of Nath Keo as a single male performer amongst six female dancers dancing to Walla Mara, on Youtube, but that has sadly now gone, but that one video was inspirational to me.

Also Frank Farinaro ;

YouTube - Hammerhead Sharqi at 2nd Annual Tribal Soiree

There are others, but they have been flagged on Youtube for some reason

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Currently Nath Keo ;

Sorry can't embed the player for some reason, but here is the direct link to Youtube;

YouTube - Cycle of Life - Nath Keo

There was an excellent video of Nath Keo as a single male performer amongst six female dancers dancing to Walla Mara, on Youtube, but that has sadly now gone, but that one video was inspirational to me.

Also Frank Farinaro ;

YouTube - Hammerhead Sharqi at 2nd Annual Tribal Soiree

There are others, but they have been flagged on Youtube for some reason

So Frank's last name is Farinaro? WOO-HOOOO, we like the same Frank! :D He is amazing, and I love his Tribal style!

Caroline_afifi

I noticed a discussion about 'femine and masculine' as being one and the same on the other thread about male dancers so why are 'dividing' here?

I simply have a list of dancers I really like alot and do not usually separate them into categories of 'male and female'.

Some of those people (who happen to be male) on my favourite dancers list are...
Khaled Mahmoud, Ozgen, DaVid and Prince Kayamma.. and that is only because they are great dancers and not because they are male.

Caroline_afifi

I noticed a discussion about 'feminine and masculine' as being one and the same on the other thread about male dancers, so why are 'dividing' here?

I simply have a list of dancers I really like alot and do not usually separate them into categories of 'male and female'.

Some of those people (who happen to be male) on my favourite dancers list are...
Khaled Mahmoud, Ozgen, DaVid and Prince Kayamma.. and that is only because they are great dancers and not because they are male