Who's going to Raqs Britannia this weekend?

curl1982

I am going to Raqs Britannia for the first time this weekend. I am going to do a workshop with Jillina and in the evening I will go and see the BDSS Show! Can't wait!
All my friends say I should go and have a try at the Open Stage / Auditions. I might do it, I mean, it's in Blackpool and I am not from there - so I will probably never see any of the people again haha :lol:

I am really excited - Has anyone been there before? What are the workshops like? What's the souk like - expensive dance gear compared to others? Excited Excited!!!!!

lizaj

yes I'm there but working.
I have to wait and see if I get time off to go to a workshops.
You can meet me at the NADA stall.
and when you are there look out for the faulous OrientalMoon costumiers ( in the horseshoe I believe). We have just been delivered of our troupe costumes made by them and they are absolutely beautiful.
But some that were for sale at Raks B won't quite make it..at least a dusty pink confection has ended up in my wardrobe and a funky animal print one in a friend's;)
A little bird tells me they are at a special price for Raks B.No I am not on commission:lol:

lizaj

yes I'm there but working.
I have to wait and see if I get time off to go to a workshops.
You can meet me at the NADA stall.
and when you are there look out for the faulous OrientalMoon costumiers ( in the horseshoe I believe). We have just been delivered of our troupe costumes made by them and they are absolutely beautiful.
But some that were for sale at Raks B won't quite make it..at least a dusty pink confection has ended up in my wardrobe and a funky animal print one in a friend's;)
A little bird tells me they are at a special price for Raks B.No I am not on commission:lol:

http://www.orientalmooncairo.com/assets/gallery/malika/omam0014.jpg

This is the one that found its' way to my DD wardrobe. It's actually lace and has rows of detail across the hips and around the hem you can't make out. That's a dance mate Mel wearing it and although she is younger and fitter, I have it now so na na na na na ...

curl1982

Haha you are funny - I am easily tempted with buying costumes. I am a nightmare in fact. Have just bought another egyptian style in green with cutouts. But pssss my fiance musn't know or I am in trouble - I am so bad, I have them delivered to my office address so I can hide them from him for a while.

I will come and check out your store and we'll do some secret sign language so my fiance won't notice :)

See you there!

Caroline_afifi

I will be there too as stage manager and I am teaching a workshop on Friday afternoon and performing in the Saturday Matinee.
Come and say Hello to me!