Your top 3 positives about this forum!!!

janaki

Hey Guys,

Recently we focused a bit on the "negativity" on this forum. It is good that we addressed it. I think it is about time that we leave all the negativity and focus on the good stuff. Lets all say your top 3 positives about this forum. It is the happy and festive time of the year and lets do something positive and happy.

my top 3

1. It is addictive. The best addiction I ever had.
2. Met some awsome people.
3. For me it is like "Help desk". I got lot of help from this forum.

Happy times everybody!
Love
Janaki

Last edited:

adiemus

Ah Janaki, what a brilliant thread to start - thank you!
1. People like Janaki and others who contribute so much to the dance form in terms of knowledge and experience
2. The range of information that is so freely shared amongst the members
3. The sense of humour that is such fun!
can I, can I, can I pleeeeeeease add another?
4. The international flavour of the forum!

Maria_Aya

1. It feels like bellydance HOME !!! cant discribe other way the feeling when i type www orientaldancer net lol
2. Throu this forum i've met with many people from all over the world that we share the same passion !
3. Its a treasure of knowledge !!

Kisses to all
Maria Aya

Aisha Azar

Positives

Dear Gang,
What a good topic!!
1. The international quality of the forum: people from all over the place contributing so that we get more than one worldview.
2. Dancers with various length of time and experience to share.
3. The attitude that all can say their piece without fear of censorship as long as they do not abuse fellow members.

Regards,
A'isha

taheya

1. People from all over the world
2. Great source of information on different forms of bellydance..especially egyptian!
3. Interesting and open discussions.

Sara

1) The peeps are so varied and it's meks it like a lil belly dance family
2) brilliant for knowledge and sharing ideas
3) Keeps me in touch with all the latest news and updates in the world, lol.

:dance::dance::dance:

Safran

Heh, I think it will soon get monotonous, as we all like the same things :) So, here are mine:

:dance: Great people, who are knowledgable, yet they still have different enough opinions to show the knowledge from different sides. Also the fact, that you can now travel almost anywhere and meet a shimmying and smiling soulmate.

:dance: The huge amount of information here... Even when there wouldn't be new threads, you can still feed off the old discussions and videos posted for a VERY long time...

:dance: The wackyness that arises every now and then... The B*****s of Bellydance, the Bellydance Police, the Sacred order of lady Balady, rhinotyping and so much more

Guess what, it all just comes down to people... Hugs to you all!!!

TribalDancer

1) So many intelligent, funny, articulate, sweet, beautiful women and handsome men. Dancers or no, you guys are people I would want to visit with anyway.

2) The diversity of the board is amazing. I love being able to talk to people from Spain, Greece, Mexico, and exotic SPOKANE! ;)

3) I love listening to other people's opinions and experiences, and feeling like mine are being considered as well. I love that we can agree to disagree, and that even when we get our feathers ruffled, we come to a place of better understanding and appreciation for each other and our diverse viewpoints.

Miranda Phoenix

1) Forum member's shared experiences and, most especially, humor! (I've lived all over the world and I'm a member of forums ranging from pet-related topics to photography to sports cars to all types of dancing - I am firmly convinced that dancers, by far, have the best sense of humor.)

2) Kinda goes back to point 1 - the amount of belly dance information here is off the charts.

3) I love the way this forum is laid out - sooo easy to navigate!

A.C.

KuteNurse

1. The wonderful contributors of this forum and so warm and welcoming to everyone.

2. Great topics of discussion...Everything from educational to articles that are just fun.

3. Did I mention all the wonderful people on this forum????

Kharmine

Golly, just three??

1. People with interesting backgrounds, experiences, POV, who share what they know with humor, courtesy and respect for differences.

2. Terrific videos and references to books, music, etc. I wouldn't have found by myself.

3. Support for pursuing what makes us our best, as well as what we love.

Mariyam

Where to begin...

1. a bottomless source of information about oriental dance(s)
2. the richness of the experience of seasoned dancers
3. a forum where we can discuss freely, disagree without calling each other names, and where beginners are also treated with respect and encouraged in their journey of discovery!

I visited several forums dedicated to oriental dancing in the past years, but it's here that I keep coming back...

Mariyam

Thanks Janaki! I've never witnessed any comment such as "Oh but you're just starting, what do you know?", thank goodness! :clap: Beginners can have their say and their opinion is taken into account in the discussions. This is what a real caring community is all about!

Yshka

What a great thread to start!! Here are my three most important ones:

1. Meeting all of you and making many new friends I'd someday LOVE to meet. It's like you guys are family. If I don't visit for a longer period of time I start missing y'all:D.
2. A wealth of information on just about anything, PLUS many different insights to be shared on those subjects.
3. Most respectful and warm community of dancers I've seen so far.

I guess that explains it all. I don't like listing only three positives, but if I list them all I think there'll be no room for others to post here:cool:.