An Egyptian-style non-bellydance dress

karena

Does anyone know where I can get a really nice dress that has all the jeweledness and elaborateness of a BD costume but isn't actually a costume? Similar in many ways to a costume, but not so revealing?
I was hoping Oriental Moon would put their couture stuff online but they tell me they aren't going to, and whilst I would love to go to Cairo just for that, it aint gonna happen.

jenc

what is it for? I would like a less revealing dress AS a costume lol.

Will Oriental Moon not email pics if you describe more clearly what you want - colour etc

lizaj

Does anyone know where I can get a really nice dress that has all the jeweledness and elaborateness of a BD costume but isn't actually a costume? Similar in many ways to a costume, but not so revealing?
I was hoping Oriental Moon would put their couture stuff online but they tell me they aren't going to, and whilst I would love to go to Cairo just for that, it aint gonna happen.

Have you contacted UK traders just in case they have something suitable...Shimmyshop, Whirlingdervish, Maria D'Silva?
Caroline ..any ideas?

Yshka

I might be selling a non-reavealing dress soon lol, only it's from the time I was 1,53 m in height and weighing about 60 kilo's (the height hasn't changed lol).

For me it was always a bit too long and I've 'shrunk' out of it (lost 20 kg).
The length though would be quite perfect for somebody between 1,55 and 1,60 m in height and would fit somebody size 40/42 (Dutch size, I don't know about Uk/Us sizes). Will try and take pictures soon!

Good luck finding your dress!!:)

karena

what is it for? QUOTE]

Well it's for a special event where I want to wear a really really glam dress. Kind of once in a lifetime. So I've been looking at prom dresses, ball gowns and the like. But they never have the embellishments that I love on belly dance costumes. And I don't want something with such a full stick out skirt like we have here, I don't want to hide my figure. I have found some beautiful things with haute couture lebanese designers, but sadly they are a little out of my league:lol:. That dress you put in Gisela is close, but still too revealing. I was hoping that maybe when Egyptian women go out, they maybe wear really glam dresses and I could get something that way. I would like to reference BD but it wouldn't be appropriate to be too revealing. Round my way, I can get loads of Indian/Pakistani/Bangadeshi stuff that is lovely, but I wanna be Egyptian!

Gia al Qamar

DO check out any East Indian stores in your vicinity...or those online!
Their formal dresses (not just the ethnic salwars and saris) are encrusted with beads, pearls, gems, zari work, embroidery and most over silk!!!

karena

They had some of these in Bombay Stores which is an Indian Dept Store near me. They are lovely