Trusted Shopping website?

ShimmyChic

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new here and to the world of Belly Dancing.

I've been searching for items online especially costumes and I have found this website and being that it's not in the U.S. I wondering if anyone has ordered from them.

Here the site link: Belly Dance Costumes Hip Scarves Belly Dancing Accessories

Ebay has some beautiful things but so many from shops over seas.

Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Rassi

I can't help you with the site you're asking about but I can recommend moondancebellydance.com They have reasonably priced items that are quite nice.

Yshka

Hi there and welcome! If I remember correctly there used to be a thread about Turkish Emporium, and also, but correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember from that thread that they have good stuff, but if something goes wrong they are a mission-impossible to contact and set things straight. I might be wrong though.

I'll go and see if I can find that thread. Try using the search option and type Turkish Emporium if you can, maybe something will come up that other members have posted.

I'm currently awaiting an order from Aladdinscave.com and have had good reviews from many. I think this is also a good shop! I hear a lot of good comments about Dahlal.com and Moondance too, but havent actually ordered from them.

alosha

The problem with moondance is they tend to WAY overcharge for shipping. I've talked to people who were going to order a skirt, and the shipping was more expensive.

alosha

is there something specific you're looking for? That may help us narrow down some shops for you!

sstacy123

When I went to that site it seemed really familiar to me, as one of two sites one of my teachers recommended except what she recommended wasn't in the UK...so I did a search and here is the link to what she recommended:

Belly Dance Costumes Hip Scarves and Dancing Accessories

When you go to that site they have a link to the UK site so it must be the same people...I never did order from them myself...but she did recommend them along with Dahlal.

danya

Turkish emporium does not send you

What you see in the pictures: the quality of the costume you get is sooo cheap: I burnt once with their's and have 4 Gf's who burnt 4 times, and saw at least a dozen more gilrs in fests that also wore TE which were cheap, light, hardly any fringe-, Yes, no possibility of return either with them. Go with Lila's, Topkapi or thebellydanceshop (The one in the US)! they are reliable. Although Topkapi may take a while as they order them. The other two have it all on the shelf and very liberal and easy return policies.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I highly recommend bellydancestore.com ( US based) good quality, great selection, from high end to very reasonable and the shipping cost is excellent and I have stuff shipped to Australia!

bellydanceshoppe.com also US based and some nice stuff and fairly reasonable I have purchased from them and their international shipping is good, then there is Dahlal, I have also purchased from them, and everything is good quality. Costumes from high end to lower end in price as well.
~Mosaic

maria_harlequin

I offer free shipping with insurance in my store (even though I ship from overseas!).

What are you looking for exactly? Are you just looking for accessories, practice wear, full traditional costuming, or tribal costuming?

lizaj

I've bought non costume items from them years ago and they were good to deal with. Their business has expanded greatly and I think they have agents in the Uk and maybe Germany. Because they are still around I assume people like them.
I find the best US people to deal with are Flying Skirts Tribal BellyDance Costumes: Welcome to Flying Skirts Tribal Belly Dance Costumes and I know they are tribal but they stock hipscarves. They don't overcharge on shipping...we backed away from moondance for that reason when buying a troupe costume item..and the stuff comes very promptly. Excellent to deal with. Another site but they are all tribal is shimmy_bliss. Both of these have good prices and really good quality I find.
I can recommend Belly dance costume & belly dance supplies at Aladdin's Cave. Irene and Edwin(the music section) are lovely people.
Another overseas buyer with good stuff ( I think they got mentioned on the catalogue thread) are Startseite :: Sakkara Georgeous catalogue and good service and no language problems.

Sirène

Sorry to necro something so old, but I'd like to know if the information in this thread holds true or if people have updates. :cool:

I need to buy a new bra and belt set and found this site which had some lovely ones:

Isis Exchange

Has anyone used them?

I like the ease of use of the site, and they say they order direct from Egypt. I sent them an email to check if they ship direct from the maker to the buyer (seems silly if the stuff gets sent to their office in the US then sent on to me!).

I have used Isis Exchange. I got a beautiful costume, but it took 2 months after I ordered until I got it.

I've been looking at other sites and if you order a custom-made costume, most say it takes 4 weeks to make. Allowing for Egyptian time, I was assuming that would be more like 6 or 8! So 2 months doesn't sound too bad.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Dahlal is still good. Bellydancestore.com is still good.

Avoid Audrena's like the plague. A lot of Bhuzzers are trying to sue her over non-delivery of goods.

Sirène

Dahlal is still good. Bellydancestore.com is still good.

Avoid Audrena's like the plague. A lot of Bhuzzers are trying to sue her over non-delivery of goods.

Whenever I try to visit bellydancestore.com, I get transferred over to bellydancestore.biz - is that normal?

Sirène

Yeah, it's the same thing. I think it has to do with the ecommerce shopping cart thing she has.

Good to know. I'm paranoid enough after the whole PSN debacle.

Bellydancestore.com has some great stuff, I just wish the website was better organized. It's actually painful just to browse. :doh:

Dahlal is nicely laid-out though I find their disabling of right-click annoying. I know many sites do it to prevent theft of images, but frankly, that's beyond easy to get around if the image is what one is after. All I wanted to do is compare hip scarves side by side in different tabs, and they made the process a giant pain in the ass. :mad: It was annoying enough that I gave up on the site and ended up finding the same hip scarf elsewhere - for less, with free shipping. :tongue: