Accordian Baladi Progression

ababalond

Hello poeples, i've an inquiry...

I've been sifting through itunes, looking for accordian baladi progression music, i've found some really nice albums with rich pieces of music, and some accordian baladi pieces, but not an album on it.

yet when i go on youtube looking for baladi dancers, or for just listening to the music on Ranya Renee's DVD on Baladi, i can hear that gorgeous rich accordian sounds and the drums pick up slowly into the Q and A.

has anyone read the article of Baladi by Hossam Ramzy, he has a CD on Saidi and Baladi, but still can't find that typical accordian baladi progression music on itunes, that he is speaking in this article

a myriad of albums come up, out of ignorance, i don't know which ones to lend my attention to, and get tired listening getting frustrated, no thats not it!

therefore i ask, does anyone, anyone, know of any proper accordian Baladi music albums one can immerse themselves into...?

davidr

great topic - one of my favorite things in arabic music!
here are a couple of albums i have that contain the accordion beledi....

~ Rough Guide - Arabic Beat Box, Track "Aament Bellah" (this is nice and LOOONG - 12 minutes!)

~ Jalilah's Raks Sharki 6 - In A Beirut Mood, track: "Rakset Banat Baladi" by Ihsan Al-Mounzer

~ On Fire!, track, "Accordion Balady"

~Belly Dance Fantasy Veena and Neena, "Ya Hasan Ya Khooli Gineha"

enjoy...

ababalond

Aziyade, care to share those links? : )

btw, never have seen an entire album on the subject...

you know what i'm sooo stupid i deleted the message Aziyade sent me clearing my messages, and felt stupid asking again, so i didn't, otherwise i'd put them up here, since you've asked, but they were links to Bhuz and think out of diplomacy he/she didn't want to post links to another BD site.

another nice baladi is rakset al wadiyya and some other song on Jalilah 1: classical egyptian music. but i'm finding it hard finding a whole album, but the with links Aziyade sent i probably could've made my own if i didn't delete them! argh!!!

Last edited:

ababalond

Aziyade, care to share those links? : )

btw, never have seen an entire album on the subject...

i've asked the administer if she wouldn't mind if i posted the links up here, for others to view, but in the meantime i've contacted Aziyade and he/she has re sent me those links, so i shall private message them to you, ok!

ababalond

i've asked the administer if she wouldn't mind if i posted the links up here, for others to view, but in the meantime i've contacted Aziyade and he/she has re sent me those links, so i shall private message them to you, ok!

here we are:

http://www.bhuz.com/forum/music-trad...uggestion.html

http://www.bhuz.com/forum/rest-belly...ou-prefer.html

http://www.bhuz.com/forum/rest-belly...ledi-song.html

http://www.bhuz.com/forum/music-trad...ogression.html

http://www.bhuz.com/forum/music-trad...accordion.html

(editted are day after posting)... these links have expired unfortunately!

Last edited:

ababalond

Baladi Albums

these links have expired unfortunately but i've found a nice album by Guy Schalom called Baladi Blues and another by Hossam Ramzy called Baladi Plus. not all are accordian progression, but some are, and have similar patterns and progression, there is real nice saxophone piece on baladi blues.

davidr

Thanks anyway, I'll check out Guy Schalom! : ) (got a link?)

And do you know this one? not exactly accordion beledi but very similar and with sax too! It is one of my top favorite pieces ... PERIOD! It's on two different albums:

1. The Ahmed Fouad Hassan Group "O! L´amour, L´amour" from album 'Le Meilleures Danses Orientales'
and
2. The Ahmed Fouad Hassan Group "Hawa Ya Hawa/Salamat (Medley)" from 'The Best Belly Dance Album In The World ... Ever! 2'

Last edited:

Marya

Again, don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. The CD Cairo Plus has quite a bit of Baladi music on it, including the classic Tet Beledi. And they are segmented into short tracks so you can use whatever works for you when you need it. Some of the music is Saxophone rather than accordian, but is lovely never the less

Cairo Plus by Samir Srour & Shoher Zaki. It is available from Maqam.

Marya

ababalond

Thanks anyway, I'll check out Guy Schalom! : ) (got a link?)

And do you know this one? not exactly accordion beledi but very similar and with sax too! It is one of my top favorite pieces ... PERIOD! It's on two different albums:

1. The Ahmed Fouad Hassan Group "O! L´amour, L´amour" from album 'Le Meilleures Danses Orientales'
and
2. The Ahmed Fouad Hassan Group "Hawa Ya Hawa/Salamat (Medley)" from 'The Best Belly Dance Album In The World ... Ever! 2'

regarding guy schalom, i simply used my own ingenuity and went onto itunes.

ababalond

Again, don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. The CD Cairo Plus has quite a bit of Baladi music on it, including the classic Tet Beledi. And they are segmented into short tracks so you can use whatever works for you when you need it. Some of the music is Saxophone rather than accordian, but is lovely never the less

Cairo Plus by Samir Srour & Shoher Zaki. It is available from Maqam.

Marya

off to itunes to listen to the samples, and most likely download! kisses!

gisela

Super Moderator
Last edited:

Guy Schalom

Baladi Accordion Genius

Hi,

Thanks for hunting down Baladi Blues.

If you like Baladi accordion, you'll notice that the accordionist on that CD is Sheik Taha - the founding father of modern Baladi music. He is 74 years old and is also featured on the recent CD: Baladi Blues 2: A Tribute to the Masters

If you are interested in learning more about Baladi and the accordion, please read these articles: Guy Schalom - Workshops

Good luck.

Guy Schalom