A fringe hip scarf.

Imeera

Hello!!
I am currently looking for a short (preferable layered) fringed hip scarf for practice, so it has to be cheap (under £17, that is about 27 US, Australian and Canadian dollars according to google currency converter ) and ship to the UK.

Preferable colours; emerald-ish green, purple, orange or dark red. But any colour will do as long as its not black.

Does anyone know of any internet sites or shops in the Plymouth area?

Thank you!
Imeera

Daimona

I'm not sure I've seen a layered fringed hip scarf (but I must admit I've never looked for it either).

Do you have a picture of what you are searching for?

And have you considered making one yourself to get it just as you want it? ;)

Imeera

I'm not sure I've seen a layered fringed hip scarf (but I must admit I've never looked for it either).

Do you have a picture of what you are searching for?

And have you considered making one yourself to get it just as you want it? ;)

Moondance, Bellydance
These are quite nice....but it would cost more than the product to ship to the UK. I am not paying that haha

Or what Autumn Ward is wearing in this video: YouTube - Autumn Ward: Dream Waltz (artistic belly dance choreography)

Making it myself? How? I mean I probably would, it would take me some time but I would get it done haha Would materials cost much?

Darshiva

Time: about 2-3 hours, depending on if you were hand-sewing fringing onto a fashion scarf or DIYing with completely new materials using a sewing machine.

Cost: I made one for about $10AUD and one for about $30AUD.

The $10 one (below) took me about 20 hours because I hand-threaded each individual bead fringe.

Daimona

For a more or less similar to the one A.W. is using, buy fine (silk) fringes in a store that sell things for people making their own curtains or lamp hoods (?). It might be an ordinary fabric store near you. Your cost will mainly depend on the price of the fringe. Sew it onto a piece of fabric of your choice.
Cost: Depends.
Time spent: nearly nothing. ;)

Imeera

Thank you Darshiva, Daimona and gisela!! I will keep an eye out for materials and scarfs. I would get the Nicole scarf but its too expensive =[ I think I will try and make my own for now though =] Thank you all again!!