American Oriental vs Modern Egyptian style?

gypsy

As I'm just learning the differences in styles, and the differences between Classic Egyptain and Modern Egyptian, could someone explain the difference between American Oriental and Modern Egyptian? (And is American Oriental the same as American Cabaret, and is the Egyptian being referred to Classical or Modern or both?) :think:

Last edited:

Yame

Now, THAT's a zombie thread! 2008! Even A'isha Azar was still replying!

Gypsy, I think this actually warrants its own thread. I'm not sure if the mods will agree, but perhaps this response should be separated into its own thread?

It's a good question but I think if it's kept as one whole thread people are going to end up overlooking it and responding only to the original post, which was posted all the way back in 08.

shiradotnet

As I'm just learning the differences in styles, and the differences between Classic Egyptain and Modern Egyptian, could someone explain the difference between American Oriental and Modern Egyptian? (And is American Oriental the same as American Cabaret, and is the Egyptian being referred to Classical or Modern or both?) :think:

This really needs updating, but here's an article on my web site that offers some ideas about this:

Belly Dancing: Dance Styles Used In The U.S.