Skype stitch & bitch meeting?

walladah

Are we sure we cannot meet an hour later to ensure that our friends on the west coast do not wake up at 6 am! The time for me (3pm) is perfect, then i have just written it down on my agenda. But what about getting up so early? [by the way, thanks Darshiva for your hard work and i am looking forward to meeting you all at skype!]

Ariadne

lol The west coast will actually be at 5am. I think Darshiva said that it was as late as she could make it. (#91) I think we'll live. :)

Shanazel

As to whether I'll actually be coherent... :lol:

I am so looking forward to this. How do we get together? Just sit in front of Skype at the appointed time and wait for magic to happen?

Darshiva

I can make it later but only if everyone agrees to one hour only. Judging from Bast's unavailability I'm guessing she has a family she needs to be awake for the next morning which is the other reason I made it at 10pm our time. My reason is that I can only justify stealing 2 hours of sleep from my husband on a work night as he has to be up at 6am.

If someone else wants to host, it can be later, I don't think I'll be able to make it though.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Okay, wait...you are 15 hours ahead of Oklahoma? So if it's 10 pm Wednesday in Brisbane, it would be 7 am here the same day? It's gonna be Wednesday morning my time and not tomorrow morning? o_O?

Darshiva

Just calculate it from the New York time I gave, it'll be easier.

Skype & stitch in T-29 hours people. Time to start figuring out what you're going to stitch and what yummy foods & drinks you're going to make everyone else green with envy with!

Daimona

Skype & stitch in T-29 hours people. Time to start figuring out what you're going to stitch and what yummy foods & drinks you're going to make everyone else green with envy with!

I'm looking forward to it (even if I haven't got much experience with Skype). I won't bring any crafts as I'll be at work working (there is a "Skype meeting" in my schedule, though - just hope the meeting I've got before our skype meeting won't last longer than scheduled) and drinking whatever available in my office.. ;)

Last edited:

Safran

I'll be showing up without the needle as well this time... We have a final rehearsal with my troupe for Stockholm Belly Dance Festival about an hour into the meeting, so I'll be joining you from our dance studio. Oh, and the costumes get delivered right before the rehearsal, so you all get to be the first ones to see the completely ready set of troupe costumes! :)

gisela

Super Moderator
I'm trying out the netconnection at work and today it seems fine. Let's hope it will work as good tomorrow as I'll be here for the meeting. I might do some bead crochet if I can manage to actually work on something at the same time.

Amulya

Now I have to make sure I don't forget! I can't believe it's already Tuesday, no technically Wednesday haha. So when I go to Skype I just have to connect to you Darshiva? By phone or video? I forgot if video works for a big group.

Ariadne

Okay, wait...you are 15 hours ahead of Oklahoma? So if it's 10 pm Wednesday in Brisbane, it would be 7 am here the same day? It's gonna be Wednesday morning my time and not tomorrow morning? o_O?
Wednesday morning 7am Central. :dance:

I forgot if video works for a big group.

Only if you have a paid membership so probably not, at least for me.

I'll be testing again to make sure it's still working before tomorrow morning. :)

Darshiva

All you guys have to do is be online on skype in just under 13 hours and when you get a popup that says that I'm inviting you to conference, click accept.

Darshiva

Final roll call:

Amulya
Walladah
Farasha
Daimona
Gisela
Ariadne
Shanazel
Safran
Bast
Mosaic
Darshiva

If you're not on this list you won't get an invite because I don't have you on my skype. But by all means do pm me with a username, as I'm sure this won't be the last of the skype & stitch sessions.

Bast

Better start making some Turkish Coffees, been a long hard day at work and I almost forgot this was on tonight :shok:

But I have found a sewing job to do and will be there!