Flattering costumes?!

Darshiva

Just for funnsies: my troupe and I are creating matching costumes and we found some gorgeous fabric. We all decided on straight skirts, which according to this author, I should not be wearing. The skirt is partially done, no elastic band yet and nothing's been hemmed. I think it looks pretty fantastic. Nothing like a good project to keep me occupied.

I apologize for the messy basement photo and the poor quality. Also, the fabric sheds like a BEAST! GLITTER EVERYWHERE!

View attachment 10085 View attachment 10086

Very pretty. I like straight skirts too - being short & stout, they are more elegant on me than big poofy skirts. :)

allinorah

Thanks everyone! I was pleasantly surprised with how it came out. Friday night a friend comes over and I teach her (mutual agreement - I learn a lot from teaching her) so of course I had to give it a test run. I was really happy that it worked out well, especially since y'know, wide hipped women don't look good in straight skirts. ;)

We're planning on using Kiyanna's coin/paillette costume from hipscarves since one of my troupies has a coin and paillette black bedleh so we'll coordinate.

Shanazel

I used to have an hourglass figure. After giving birth to two ten and a half pound babies, though, I'm shaped more like a water glass.