1950s fantasy costume

Shanazel

I was looking through vintage patterns on line and thought y'all might enjoy this one.

Butterick 5053 - Vintage Sewing Patterns

I like the way the yoke and the legs of the pants go together and might use a variation of this idea at some point.

Here's another one that might make a very nice modest yet romantic costume for little girls. We were discussing pants attached to skirts on another thread, I believe. I'd love to have these patterns just for the vintage-ness of them!

Butterick 6344 - Vintage Sewing Patterns

Last edited:

jenc

Just look at those waists. My aunt had a 22" waist when she was young. right now I'd be exstatic with a 32"

PracticalDancer

So a "Fiery Sheik," a "Geisha," and a "Witch" (apprentice) walk into a pattern . . .

That is an interesting site. I find it so curious how some of the patterns are bundled, because it isn't always be theme or size. I will have to dig through some of the ones I have collected to see if there are any similarly -- interesting -- ones.

onela

Super cool. The yoke on those harem pants is a really sweet detail, would look so pretty with beading and sequins on it.

Shanazel

Alas, they are not my patterns yet, but if I can get them without spending too much money, they will be. ;)

LadyLoba

That second one would be wonderful for a beginning dancer who was afraid to show her midriff in a contemporary costume. If I could sew, I would make myself a costume based on that one. I know they have other options, but that would just be so cute.