Ansuya's Online Classes

SeeJaneDance

Has anyone else subscribed to this service? A couple friends and I went in on a month to try it out, and so far, I think it's great! It feels like she's shooting for the level I'm at, which probably helps--advanced beginner/early intermediate. So far there are only two months worth of videos up (a technique section, a workout section, a choreography broken into two parts, a warm up/cool down, and "entertainment" which I haven't checked out, yet, for each month). It's $30 a month, which is a little spendy for my budget, on top of paying for a regular class, but split between a couple people, it's definitely worth it, and it'd be a great alternative if a conflict with real life classes ever comes up. It also helps that she, as a teacher, is very fun, easy to follow, and adorable to watch. I missed the workshop she did here because of an injury, and now I am SO bummed!

mahsati_janan

Did the subscribers of her former online classes receive access to these? I think this is the 3rd time Ansuya has started online subscription classes, but I haven't ever tried them.

Daimona

Have you looked for older threads about these online lessons?

Online classes (GypsyNet, Ansuya and Suhaila) have been mentioned in previous threads (search for "online classes").

Shakti

I did recieve one free month on Ansuya.com for being a previous member and I will be signing up again for her classes soon. I think online classes are comparable to DVD's and in some ways better. Dvd's tend to seem scripted and formal were as the classes are casual and allow for the instructor to throw in little bits of technique/info/insight that may be skipped over in a dvd for the sake of continuity. I see live classes, seminars, DVD's, and online classes as unique tools to further your study. Each having their own individual pros and cons. Online classes being the newest of the bunch, I have enjoyed learning online so far, so if you have not tried it out yet (from anyone offering classes online) give it a shot..it is fun!