Buying costumes in egypt and turkey

Africansun

Hello ladies!

I am going to be traveling to Egypt and Turkey in July-October 2011 and am hopping to find some amazing costumes over there!

I was wondering if anyone has been over there recently and can give me advice? I am looking for professional egyptian style full costomes (hopefully with a straight or fishtail skirt) and maybe a few turkish hip scarves. If there are any specific markets or shops that anyone can recommend I would be most greatful! And any handy tips on customs when it comes to batering etc (I want to get a good deal but I dont want to offend the locals).

While in Egypt I will be in Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, Hurghada, Dahab and Sharm-el-Sheikh. (I am doing 10 day tour through these places so will be on a fairly limited time frame)

While in Turkey I will be in Istanbul, Canakkale, Pergamum, Pamekkale, Hieropolis, Izmir, Kusadasi and Ephesius (again my time here will be limited)

I really look forward to any advice on this (as well as any intersting stories you might have about your travels in these areas :D )

Thanks Ladies
Amanda

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I bought a costume last year from http://www.bellydance-shop.comthe bellydance-shop online.
I'm satisfied and I will buy my second costume next week...

I don't know why but I like Turkish costumes than Egyptians. ;)
Deniz the original poster was asking for places within Egypt, Turkey etc, not online stores. The link being an online store which are not really high end costumes is coming across as rather spammy. The belly-dance shop does advertise sometimes on this forum, so I am removing the link and replacing it with the store name only.
~Mosaic

Outi

By the way:
The good dance shops in Egypt are all in CAIRO! Don't waiste your time and money in tourist places in other cities.