Facebook and Youtube

Corylus

How do you add a link to your profile? I tried to do it but got a link to my page as if it was me using it...I am a techno-phobe!

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
How do you add a link to your profile? I tried to do it but got a link to my page as if it was me using it...I am a techno-phobe!

Easiest way is just to copy the address bar when you are on your page and paste it here. If you want to get fancy:

1) Copy the address bar when you are on your facebook page.
2) come here and open a advanced post window or edit your current post window but open to advanced.
3) You will see along the top bar where you have the options of bolding, italixs, underline, etc, A small icon that looks like a world and a little 8 laying on its side. If you just move your mouse over it and hold you will see a box pop up saying insert link.
4) Click on that icon.
5) Paste your facebook website address copied from the adress bar into the box that pops up. and click ok.

Doing this process you will get this: http://www.bellydanceforums.net/

Now if you don't want it to say the full address you can hyperlink a word instead.

steps for hyperlinking word:

1) Follow step 1 & 2 above.
2) Type your message and the word you like to hyperlink
3) Highlight the word you want to hyperlink by left clicking the mouse, holding, and then dragging the mouse over the word.
4) Follow step 3-5 above.

Now what you will see is this: Some word

Now if you are always logged into facebook then it will look like that to you because your computer recognizes the page. However anyone else will only get the page based on your privacy settings for someone not on your friends list. If you are very paranoid over it, you can log out of your account then go to your page and copy the address bar.

Last edited:

Corylus

I think I need to change my privacy setting because I couldn't access it via a link when I put it up here...just added everyone on this thread, thought that would be easier!

Last edited: