Free Dance Directory

Pleasant dancer

I'm in the UK I've received a phone call and then follow-up email from a company called TLC Marketing Worldwide asking me to participate in a national promotion called "Free Dance". I teach several classes per week and usually have two beginners courses on the go.

They are producing a Fee Dance directory consisting of the UK's dance clubs/instructors of most dance types. Each participating instructor will provide free entry into their class for 1 person (but also allowing another to accompany as I found out on another page of the info). The offer is limited to advance bookings when I have the capacity. The idea is exposure for my classes, generating new customers and potential increased secondary spend and voucher holder may bring other full paying friends. I believe (I was in Comet electrical store when I received the phone call, so my attention was distracted!) that the promotion to be with Activia in the summer.

Has anyone else received this and what do you think, please? The terms and conditions seem ok, but I have the feeling that I could be providing quite a few (maybe an underestimate) free lessons, whilst the only gain to me that is a definite is being in this directory (and I'm not sure of the distribution at the moment). I normally don't offer free lessons, just paying taster ones, and people don't always come back, which is ok, at least they have paid for the class they had.

Thoughts anyone? Greatly appreciated.

Darshiva

Sounds a lot like you lose out on it. Do you have to pay to be part of it, or is it one of those things where you can only get the listing if you put free class vouchers on their website? What safeguards do they have to stop people abusing the system & taking term after term for free? Will they punish you for rejecting a person with a second voucher?

To me it sounds shady & not like you'd get much benefit from it. There are a lot of free dance listings out there that don't have those sorts of terms & conditions, and they come up right at the top of google searches. Perhaps it's better to go with one or more of those (eg domore, dance teachers online, etc) instead?

Btw, DTOL is UK-based, and they are lovely. I've been with them for a few years now and they have a nice little community spirit thing going on. I found them at the top of a google search for bellydance teachers/classes in my state, so I figured they'd be good publicity.

Pleasant dancer

The terms and conditions are pretty strict, you can only use the voucher once (no photocopies allowed), there is no monetary value, I set my terms etc regarding age, availability etc. I don't think there is much room for abuse and it won't cost me any set up fee. What I really want to know if how big this dance promotion is going to be. It wold be a shame for oriental dance to be missing from it if it were going to be well advertised. That's why I was hoping someone else had received the phone call and had made proper note of what she was saying (shopping for a new TV isn't the best place to take this sort of call!). If she phones back again I will make further inquiry.

BTW, I do use DTOL, and agree they are a nice friendly lot, especially useful when there are scams going around! And I am on lots of other free listings as well.

Still not sure about this one...... :think:anyone got any more info? Thanks.

Darshiva

Check your mobile's received calls listing & track down the number &give them a call back & ask when you're in a saner environment. Tell them everything you've told us & get them to explain what the benefits are over something like DTOL.