Half naked?

Za Linda

I have to agree with Yshka and Sweet Romance on this one - a beautiful costume. From the first few seconds of the dance, the sparklies made it obvious to me that the dancer's modesty was well-protected with sheer fabrics...no possibility of a wardrobe malfunction! :D (So, we can just relax and enjoy the performance....)

The thousands of hours I've spent on various beaches has probably acclimatised me to the "threat" of an eyeful of naked stranger.

onela

For me, naked costumes are a hit or a miss, there's no in-between, and for me, this one is a hit. I love the patterned skirt and the ornamentation at her neckline.

Eshta

I have to confess I saw Mercedes AND this costume last night and am now a total fan - of both!

The costume is not so "naked" as it appears in this clip.

Also I'm not sure if I'm desensitised to the nekkid costuming trend. I still wish I had a picture of Shems' costume in Cairo a few years back - a full flesh body suit with only orange covering patches in the style of a bikini, and flashing lights where the side of the bikini would go, and flashing "SH" on one boob, "MS" on the other. Now THAT is naked overload!

And I can't remember who wore another bodysuit that was naked all along the sides and looked like she'd been splashed with green metallic paint to conceal the necessary bits.. Saw WAAY too much of what jiggled there for my liking! A shimmy where you can see the underbuttocks rippling really doesn't do it for me.

onela

The costume is not so "naked" as it appears in this clip.

I think this is the key to a successful "naked" costume. A full-body stocking with stragetically placed decorative elements is, well, boring because that's what so many of those naked costumes are. I like naked costumes when they're a little more thought out.

gisela

Super Moderator
Shems' costume in Cairo a few years back - a full flesh body suit with only orange covering patches in the style of a bikini, and flashing lights where the side of the bikini would go, and flashing "SH" on one boob, "MS" on the other. Now THAT is naked overload!
:lol: :shok: :lol:
That sounds incredible!

Zaghareet

Well, i would never have worn that myself, mostly because it would´nt have looked flattering on me. But i think this costume fits her style, and you can clearly see that she´s not really naked underneath, because of all the glitter.

I was surprised of how nude it looked when she sat on the floor with her legs bent, but it took me a while to see the nude fabric on her hip, my view wasn't as good as in person, just from the video. What an amazing routine! She's got the perfect belly dance body and I like the more active types of belly dance. I downloaded the video, forgot why after I stopped to cook dinner, watched it and thought what a nice routine it was. It wasn't till I looked at my other tab and read the source of the video, what it was for.

I thought it looked fine, but the shimmery fabric wasn't that noticeable on the video. I always like it when they wear deep red or dark greens, not black, but just more bright colors. Those light pastels are hard to make out the design unless you are in person. I wouldn't wear it, don't yet belly dance well enough to say I belly dance, but the full skirt sounds good to me, maybe add some slits up the side, a belt to tuck them in at the top for more frill, then wear the colored body suit under it not in a flesh color. I don't like the revealing tops either, I'm not a beach bunny, but I've seen them worn over tight tanks tops with string straps, or maybe even a camisole under them.