Help! I'm Regreting my BRIGHT YELLOW costume purchase!!

Kanika

Ok...so I have recently ordered a custom-made canary yellow costume. I was super excited about it! I felt like I needed a bold costume and bright yellow tends to send a very bold message. But...I was wasting time on youtube (as I have been known to do) and I ran across a dancer wearing a similar color costume. Well..after about 5 minutes of dancing, the back of her costume was visably damp with sweat.

Now I know that I sweat when I dance, particularly my lower back (sorry :D if that was far too much information!), but I have never seen sweat marks on my costumes before--even red or light blue ones.

So what should I do? Are there any tips for costumes that are prone to show sweat marks? Should I call the costume designer and suprise her with my wonderful idea for a new color? Help!

LunaXJJ

I'm not sure about how to prevent sweat visibility, so I would talk to the designer and see if s/he coould change the order for you.

Gia al Qamar

If you can't change your order, just add a hip wrap to the costume to hide the area where you're afraid it will show perspiration. That should do the trick!

Belly Love

I would definitely say it depends on the fabric as well. You're not really going to know how much it's going to show until it happens. Even if it gets really damp, it may not even be very noticable.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Maybe applying a heavy duty antiperspirant to the area where you perspire the most may help prevent the wetness.
~Mosaic

Kanika

Thanks everyone. It is too late to chage the color, but I will explore with the other options. The material is lycra and I've not had problems in the past with lycra but we will see what happens. It may be OK, as the area I'm worried about has heavy beading but..then again, I guess I just have to wait and see