Help needed PLEASE !!

Paulette

Hello guys i have a problem ..... which is i would soooo love to do belly dancing but live in North Devon A** end of no where it would seem when trying to get find class's in Belly Dancing :(. Bideford is where i live which is about 10 miles from Branstaple ( I know i can hear you saying and where is that :lol:) So my plea is this can anyone point me in the right direction of an instructor and anyone with a pluse in my area:pray::think:. At this rate i am going to start buying the DVD's and trying to some how teach myself which will not be a pretty site :shok: x Paulette

khanjar

Hello guys i have a problem ..... which is i would soooo love to do belly dancing but live in North Devon A** end of no where it would seem when trying to get find class's in Belly Dancing :(. Bideford is where i live which is about 10 miles from Branstaple ( I know i can hear you saying and where is that :lol:) So my plea is this can anyone point me in the right direction of an instructor and anyone with a pluse in my area:pray::think:. At this rate i am going to start buying the DVD's and trying to some how teach myself which will not be a pretty site :shok: x Paulette

Greetings Paulette,

You live in Bideford, then you are very lucky, and it it is not the end of the world BD wise, for there is from what I hear, an excellent dancer who happens to reside in Bideford, a member of ASMED at that, Afra Al Kahira. Though I understand she does not do weekly classes, she may be able to point you in the right direction of a class to suit your requirement.

See here;

Afra al Kahira - International Teacher & Performer of Oriental Dance

Aside from that, there is the most excellent teacher Siouxsie Cooper with whom I had the privilege of attending a class, something which I hope to resume come the Autumn. Siouxsie runs classes in Exeter, Plymouth and surroundings, with workshops in Totnes(banana republic). Though it is a distance from Bideford to Exeter, it is a hope, and yet again this teacher might know more of who is around to teach.

Siouxsie's Website;

Bellydance Southwest Home Page

It took me ages to find a class, that would accept me as a male who wished to learn, I hope it will be easier for yourself, so, I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Khanjar

Sita

Welcome I wish you Good Luck with your search but I live in Suffolk so I'm not much use :( however I hope you enjoy your time here and am pleased to have 'met' you :)

Sita

Paulette

Thank you for your help

Hello Khanjar
Thank you so much for all your advice and contact information i will let you know how i get on as i will be making contact with them today. Thanks very much again and i am of to e-mail the people now :D x Paulette

Paulette

Hi Sita

Sita thanks for your kind words and I will keep you informed on how i get on , and if it wasn't for this Belly Dance Forum I wouldn't have got this far and meet so many wonderful people :) both male & female. So big hugs & kiss's to you all :clap:. x Paulette

Paulette

Thanks

Hi Kanjar

Many thanks for the list i have tried several on it see below

'bdswadmin@pmd.clara.co.uk'

'kerry.hewitt@btconnect.com'

'alison_theaker@hotmail.com'

'siouxsiecooper@hotmail.com'

'afradancer@live.co.uk'

'afra@afraalkahira.com'

'info@afraalkahira.com'
:(:(::rolleyes:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:
You would think that one of them would have replied or at least pointed me in some direction . But i will keep trying and will work my way down the list that you put up.
x Paulette

khanjar

Hi Kanjar

'afradancer@live.co.uk'

'afra@afraalkahira.com'

'info@afraalkahira.com'
You would think that one of them would have replied or at least pointed me in some direction . But i will keep trying and will work my way down the list that you put up.
x Paulette

I understand you are keen to get moving with your interest, believe me, I was the same. I tried for a good while before I managed to find a class and I do understand the emailing everyone situation and not receiving replies, I also have been there. I do expect most during the summer are away, but perhaps it is you will see some replies come the beginning of the classes in the Autumn. Most classes I know have closed down for the summer holiday period, so not to worry, it will come.

So in the mean time, immerse yourself in your interest, I before I found this website, tried to learn some of the basics from you tube, as there are many Bellydance tutorials on there, some better than others, but you will see what suits you. Perhaps get a DVD to learn by, basically what I am doing until the classes start again, they do help. Any problems, ask here, this website and the good people on these forums.

PAM&VERN

QUOTE=Paulette;80443]Hi Kanjar

'afradancer@live.co.uk'

'afra@afraalkahira.com'

'info@afraalkahira.com'
x Paulette[/QUOTE]

This is just to set the record straight for all concerned.
BDSWadmin@pmd-------etc did reply to Paulette as soon as we returned from holiday and gave what advice we could at the time. We also suggested a possible teacher who might be of assistance to Paulette. Unfortunately, we get very many requests for help of this nature and it is for that reason we have been working on a new website dedicated to bellydance enthusiasts in the south-west region of the UK. Details af what we are trying to do is on the front page of our current site: Bellydance Southwest Home Page although the new site will have a completely new URL.
Any comments or suggestions for the proposed new website will always be most welcome.
Best regards to all.
Pam & Vern

Paulette

Lenght of time to reply

just to set the record straight yes i did yet a reply but was not told the story about a holiday many thanks for the information, however coming on and writing jut to set the record straight is a bit rude dont' you think!! and if you where on Hoilday how came you have only replied to my post now i mean come on look at the dates...... But i have got sorted now many thanks to all concerned xx:clap:

PAM&VERN

Oh dear! We have "only replied to your post now" because we have only just found this thread whilst carrying out a routine google spammer check for open publication of our e-mail addresses. (This is something we do every 3 or 4 months.) We are genuinely here to help belly dancing in the south-west to the best of our ability as we have been doing for the past six and a half years, which is what we tried to do for you Paulette. You were "not told the story of the holiday" because it wasn't relavant. We simply apologised for the delay in replying to your request for help.
We certainly don't consider it "rude" to correct the insinuation that we did not reply to your e-mail to us.
Anyway, it's good to know that you have "got sorted now" although it would have been nice if you had informed us in a reply to our e-mail, then we would have had more knowledge to share with others.
Happy dancing
Pam & Vern

gisela

Super Moderator
Well I think it's certainly understandable you'd want to give your side of the story. Many people discover threads in this forum by chance (google) because they have been named or discussed. I did not find it rude. Although, Paulette's frustration over not finding the info is also quite understandable. Glad you found a solution.
That new teacher-site is a great initiative and hopefully many students searching for teachers will be helped by it.
Good luck to all of you with you dancefuture.
Gisela

Last edited:

Paulette

Don't bother to reply as i am not interested in your ideas on what i should do and if you only check your spammer as "you " say why bother be on a forum as other people on here don't conside it spam!!!

As for you saying i insinuate... this i did not as i asked the question in July which was nearly 5 months ago but hey if you want to start of your posts with Oh Dear! be my guest ! People like you who only reply to post's on a forum 5 MONTHS LATER only add to people's frustration when they are asking question's. It is very easy to put an e-mail reply in your e-mail box if you are whatever in order that the other person's would be sent back a reply to let them know you are not of touch for a while. No longer am i interseted in what you have to say reply all you like as you will be spamed as you are so found of this .. :rolleyes:

lizaj

Is this not the kind of spat you two could continue through PMs?

I don't think you are exactly making a valuable contribution to any kind of forum discussion:rolleyes:

Aniseteph

Surely the spamming check is just to make sure your email address isn't out there for the spambots to pick up? Not anything to do with spamming on the forum. :confused: It looks to me like Pam&Vern joined the forum yesterday to correct the implication that they were ignoring emails, and to highlight the existence of a website that might be useful to people in the same position as the OP. Nothing rude in that IMO, and anyone trying to provide useful local belly dance resources/contacts etc. should be appreciated.

lizaj

Surely the spamming check is just to make sure your email address isn't out there for the spambots to pick up? Not anything to do with spamming on the forum. :confused: It looks to me like Pam&Vern joined the forum yesterday to correct the implication that they were ignoring emails, and to highlight the existence of a website that might be useful to people in the same position as the OP. Nothing rude in that IMO, and anyone trying to provide useful local belly dance resources/contacts etc. should be appreciated.

Agreed it's fine to post initially to put right a wrong but we can then do without the na-na-na-na!

jenc

I know it is very easy to miss emails if you go away and find, as I have 350 waiting for me after 2 days!!

Last edited: