I'm searching for comments to this video

gisela

Super Moderator
Is it you in video? or someone you know? Seems to be an appreciated performance, so congrats on that (if it's you, that is).
Nice cute costume. Pink and silver looks nice. But I'm sorry, I believe the belt is on backwards ;). The wide part should go in the back.
I also would recommend not to label the video sexy belly dancer. Why not post the video and let the viewers decide for themselves if they think it is sexy or not? I think usually when you label someting that way you either scare people away or attract a weird audience. And I assume that you would like to be known for your dancing and not only for being sexy or am I wrong? Emphasize the dancing and the sexiness will follow with it IMHO. Otherwise I think it was quite nice, Think about your posture (looked a bit swaybacked at times) and your hands and arms (sometimes too swooshy(is that a word) and sometimes a bit dead). Maybe do the audience interaction a bit more humorous than "sexyful". That makes it easier to handle as audience. Anyone likes a laugh.

Anyway that was my comment and I'm not a proffessional dancer nor teacher.
Hope you got somehing out of it anyway.

Last edited:

lizaj

Happy audience which is number one in importance.
Very pretty dancer and costume.
No I can do without the sexy label too !
And an unusual choice for wedding music.
Good quality film.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sorry can't see it, must have been taken down. But I generally avoid any BD stuff labelled 'sexy'
~Mosaic

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Just checked again, and this time it opened, so it must have been my connection, it was lagging a lot when it was playing.

Nice costume, and as mentioned a very happy audience, Not to be a 'party pooper' but I felt that the dancer played to much to the male audience, share the 'playfulness' around. IMO playing too much to the men in a mixed audience does give a 'sexy' undertone, which is not exactly what we want for the dance. Being playful with the ladies kind of says, hey! you can do this too, and its fun!
~Mosaic

sophialiotta

Hey everyone,

Nope! It's not me in the video,:lol: it's someone I saw performing at a wedding. As some of you said the crowd was enjoying it & I just wanted to hear some feedback.

As for the term "Sexy"... I intentionally used it to get more attention to the video, nothing more. But you really have to admit that she is pretty & kind o' sexy!!! She really had the guys going.

At one point she had a little girl from the audience join in which was quite hilarious, so it was more of a fun performance than a sexy one.
She danced for a good 15 minutes but I couldn't show it all.(Sorry!)
I would still love to hear everyone's comments though.

Thank You!
Sophia

P.S. - I don't think I even noticed the belt...

lizaj

Hey everyone,

Nope! It's not me in the video,:lol: it's someone I saw performing at a wedding. As some of you said the crowd was enjoying it & I just wanted to hear some feedback.

As for the term "Sexy"... I intentionally used it to get more attention to the video, nothing more. But you really have to admit that she is pretty & kind o' sexy!!! She really had the guys going.

At one point she had a little girl from the audience join in which was quite hilarious, so it was more of a fun performance than a sexy one.
She danced for a good 15 minutes but I couldn't show it all.(Sorry!)
I would still love to hear everyone's comments though.

Thank You!
Sophia

P.S. - I don't think I even noticed the belt...

Does she know you put up this video?
Did she ask you to do so?
Is she a friend?
Will she really want comment?
This is the trouble with Youtube and video hosting.
It really is important that it is the subject themselves is "knowingly" out there for comment.
Why ....because we all assume the subject is OK and expecting for us making comment and it may not be what they want to read.:(

sophialiotta

Does she know you put up this video?
Did she ask you to do so?
Is she a friend?
Will she really want comment?
This is the trouble with Youtube and video hosting.
It really is important that it is the subject themselves is "knowingly" out there for comment.
Why ....because we all assume the subject is OK and expecting for us making comment and it may not be what they want to read.:(

If a person consents to perform at a videotaped function in exchange for money & waive all rights to it via a contract, then I believe it is O.K.

The same goes to any actor/actress or singer/performer who signs a contractual agreement for money. They have consented to exposing themselves to the public at the risk of being commented upon.

I believe I just answered all 4 of your questions!:cool:

lizaj

If a person consents to perform at a videotaped function in exchange for money & waive all rights to it via a contract, then I believe it is O.K.

The same goes to any actor/actress or singer/performer who signs a contractual agreement for money. They have consented to exposing themselves to the public at the risk of being commented upon.

I believe I just answered all 4 of your questions!:cool:

oooo you sound just like a politician!:rolleyes:;)

In other words not really:D

jenc

Yes but why do YOU need the comments.. Are you a dancer OR just want to know if the dancer was worth her hire?