Is it gay for a male belly dancer to have Belly Button piercing ?

Farasha Hanem

I don't know how in the 'ell I missed THIS thread before...

But I'm a male Belly Dancer. I'm even straight. I have both a navel piercing AND a "tramp stamp". They're kinda customary around here.

Someone else suggested that some/a lot of people are going to think you're gay anyway, so do what you want. S/he is 100% correct. I've even had the occasional dance sister express shock that I'm married. What. Evarr!

I just had my navel piercing done 4-1/2 months ago. I actually inspired another local male dancer to get his done - and he does just happen to be gay. So what? He wouldn't be caught dead with a "tramp stamp" though. So if you want one, do it. I got one because I think they're pretty.

In other news, I just had a Lotus tattooed on the nape of my neck. Its pretty. Its also a memorial for my father who passed away a year ago - we talked about it before his passing.

What's a Tramp Stamp? oO;;

khanjar

''Tramp stamp'' is one, because it is assumed usually women that have a single motif tattooed at the base of the spine are well what the term implies as they are as the are very common, there is another and it's called '' Ass Antlers '' which is where the motif extends out to the sides to look like, well antlers.

The tattoo I keep thinking about is astrological in nature, but then everyone gets the same, so I am trying to be original in my thought as to what to get and have even thought of a star constellation, but that's been done and derivatives as they are in other cultures as even my screen name on here is linked, as a lot of my astrology are into symbolism.

Erik

the dude has a tramp stamp, instant fag.

This thread reminded me of a comment I read on YouTube. Yeah, there are some things that are just considered female or gay. In "A Clockwork Orange" Alex wore a false eyelash and Dim wore lipstick, although they were far from homosexual. Forty-two years later in 2012 I still haven't seen these in real life yet.

Princess of Mars (2009) - YouTube

As expressed earlier I am a great fan of the character John Carter. A film was actually made three years ago, but then we are not talking about a major production here. The leads (Antonio Sabato Jr and Traci Lords) should say it all. I can't blame them because they didn't have much money to spend, but I can blame them them for being politically correct and and making the main character a US soldier in contemporary Afghanistan rather than the Confederate soldier from the American Civil War. :mad:

Sorry. Rambling again. What I'm trying to say is do what you want to do and be what you want to be, but have the courage to take the hits for it.

khanjar

The trouble with much that we are is we are so wrapped up in a perceived; what would others think mentality and that because I believe many of us do not have the confidence to be who we are and tell the vocal naysayers to mind their own business. And of the naysayers that seem to spend so much time deciding what is acceptable and what is not, what of they, could it in fact be that they are scared themselves, scared of anything that might force them to be anything different than what they are. As let's be honest here, does anyone really care what each other might do, sure an eyebrow might be raised, but is it anyone else's business anyway.

But of the people that set trends, what sort of people are they, do they care about other's attitudes or do they just do because they want to do ?

Honestly the more I look into this stuff, where there are no laws to be broken or guidelines to adhere to what are we left with if it isn't anything other than a perception of what others might think, a perceived rule book of perceived ideas, when in reality there isn't such a thing only that which others before us have done and who knows they might have been breaking the mould when they did what they did.

What it is in this life, for sure it is is having the courage to be yourself and by being yourself you can be true to yourself and by that it is hoped; others.

Truth and honesty.

Remus

I did it a few days ago. Since it's not like a tattoo and I can always take it off, I decided to try having one

Farasha Hanem

I did it a few days ago. Since it's not like a tattoo and I can always take it off, I decided to try having one

This is just the "mom" in me, so please forgive me. Just be careful wearing sweaters! My daughter had her naval pieced twice, and both times afterward, she accidentally ripped it out when wearing a sweater! ��

Shanazel

My daughter also had navel piercings done twice; neither was a success due to an apparent allergy to metal. Also watch the veils and no dramatic fall and slide across the floor on your tummy. ;)

jjj

I can't say I like a guy with a belly pierce but I do like your choice of jewelry. Kudos to you for doing what you like.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
This is just the "mom" in me, so please forgive me. Just be careful wearing sweaters! My daughter had her naval pieced twice, and both times afterward, she accidentally ripped it out when wearing a sweater!
Yea, and watch out if you're carrying a heavy box or whatever against your belly - if it slips down...

I have a (well, several now) sparkly "banana" barbel - your ring may deflect objects better.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Well, while we're showing off pierced, hairy bellies:

Sorry, its slightly outta focus...

Greek Bonfire

Zorba, that is the type I usually wear. Doesn't get stuck on anything. If I wear a dangling, it's kind of funny the way it twirls while dancing. It can distract from the actual performance, however.

duskshade

This is just the "mom" in me, so please forgive me. Just be careful wearing sweaters! My daughter had her naval pieced twice, and both times afterward, she accidentally ripped it out when wearing a sweater! ��

I've had mine done before, nips too (the unholy trifecta) and the only issues I ever had was when I wore protective gear during matches. Then the constant pulling and impacts made the fresh piercings unhappy, and weepy, so therefore they came out.

The rings shouldn't snag on sweaters or knits, curved barbells might...

Hmmm.... I think I'll get mine done again, too. guys, should we have a gauge match?

I'm willing to get poked at a 10 or an 8 gauge when I get mine in a month or two. I'm in the mood to shed a few pounds, first.

grr... now i really really want to get pierced again...

has anyone noticed the proliferation of inexpensive piercings? I just priced a belly ring for $25.00USD, with piercing...

hmmmm....

quick, painless. A little crooked due to some old scar tissue, but that's ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

khanjar

Never bars again, they look good, but me being kind of irrationally clumsy and unaware most of the time, bars get caught usually on my metal watch strap, so in future and I might yet go the belly route, rings every time. The rings I got to replace the bars elsewhere were curious in that they were D shaped, so no ''getting used to'' issues.

But on the subject of piercings, one of mine three years on still gives me a few problems, a bit of pain but no infection and they have not migrated, but I heard there was a medical application lotion or powder that can speed the healing of tissue, anyone know of this stuff and what it is called ?

But of piercings, is anyone aware of the piercings, aware in that you can feel them in your skin without touching them, especially in cold weather ?

Oh and as we are on belly shots, who is going to be the first to show other parts pierced I wonder ?

But unholy trifecta :)

But piercings around here are £15 including titanium jewellery

Last edited:

duskshade

Never bars again, they look good, but me being kind of irrationally clumsy and unaware most of the time, bars get caught usually on my metal watch strap, so in future and I might yet go the belly route, rings every time. The rings I got to replace the bars elsewhere were curious in that they were D shaped, so no ''getting used to'' issues.

I'm not thrilled with my bar... TBH it snagged on my tank top this morning... minor ache but still... I'll swap it for a ring later on.

But on the subject of piercings, one of mine three years on still gives me a few problems, a bit of pain but no infection and they have not migrated, but I heard there was a medical application lotion or powder that can speed the healing of tissue, anyone know of this stuff and what it is called ?

Good aftercare is always good to do. Even if its already healed. After a few years it should have healed by now. Maybe a sea salt soak or some provon soap (antimicrobial, antibacterial, and pretty gently) and gently clean it.

But of piercings, is anyone aware of the piercings, aware in that you can feel them in your skin without touching them, especially in cold weather ?

never had that displeasure... or cheap thrill. LOL

Oh and as we are on belly shots, who is going to be the first to show other parts pierced I wonder ?

But unholy trifecta :)

I did like that phrase... but I don't think I can show my other piercing other than my ears, on this place. (hehehe)

But piercings around here are £15 including titanium jewellery
nicely done. here its implant-grade steel and about about $25.00USD