Most annoying bellydance video clip

Moon

Hey everybody,

A lot of very nice video clips are posted on this forum.
But sometimes I come across videos that are sooo annoying! So I thought, let's post one here (they can be funny sometimes ;))

This one scores really high (the last part of it, that female presenter...aaaargh!)

YouTube - Bellydancer superstars

Last edited:
HI Moon, I saw that last fall on a nationally sydicated talk show called"Live with Regis". Kelly Ripa is his "sidekick"(she also is a soap opera star) and I cringed when she came out in a cheap bellydancer costume . I don't know what was the most embarrassing Regis As Sultan OOmpah or when Kelly's belt shimmied off her too narrow hips!:eek: such is the state of American T.V.
Yasmine

Moon

Yes, the intro piece of the bellydance superstars watch quite fun to watch and Regis just looked absolutely rediculous. But Kelly (thanks for let me know their names ;)) tried to act like she could dance already after one example or something.

Marisha

Rachel Brice is so amazingly flexible and fluid. I noticed that there's a different kind of fluidity between tribal and say, Egyptian. But I agree that Kelly looked very silly, to put it nicely. Ane she even wore the "prerequisite" belly jewel! I wonder if she even knows the history behind it? I really hate when people start acting as if they know how to dance after a few minutes of instructions or watching a 15 min show! I took open level classes at one studio with a lot of students of many skill levels, so the more advanced students would stand in the front row and beginners after them. This way, if I could not see the teacher I could see an advanced student doing the move. At the end of one class we were going though a rather fast paced choreo and a student who seemed to be there for the first time decided to get up front and after one class "lead", going terribly off music and distracting everyone else. If one can't do the moves correctly correctly, why is it necessary to showcase one's ineptitude?!

Gabi

Hey everybody,

A lot of very nice video clips are posted on this forum.
But sometimes I come across videos that are sooo annoying! So I thought, let's post one here (they can be funny sometimes ;))

This one scores really high (the last part of it, that female female presenter...aaaargh!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWFUfHN5a0

Moon, this isn't meant to be taken seriously the hosts got in there to be provide some comedy - that said, a lot of people find them annoying :D , but there was certainly no pretense of anything other than silliness.

prince ali baba

Regis and Kelly

I thought that video was a hilarious. Regis coming out in a Sultan costume I thogght that was funny. I think they weren't trying to be belly dancers they were just being silly and thought just to get in the mood dress in middle eastern costumes. It didn't annoy me one bit.

gisela

Super Moderator
Haha, I once shimmied my belt off at a performance! It wasn't on national television though. I feel with poor Kelly!

Alaya

I have to agre with prince ali baba. The Bellydance superstars were great, and the host were just haveing fun, and it was realy funy. I realy liked it.
Love, Alaya

Kiadorin

Two "anxiety attacks" within the space of a few minutes? Is that normal for Kelly or do bellydancers just happen to set her off?

Recnadocir

It does show a lack of understanding and respect for belly dance, though that's not surprising. Do you think that Kelly Ripa would have the same temerity to try come out in a tutu and pointe shoes and try to pull off even one pirouette?

Moon

Recnadocir said:
Do you think that Kelly Ripa would have the same temerity to try come out in a tutu and pointe shoes and try to pull off even one pirouette?

I'd love to see that when she does :D (mean laugh)

More annoying bellydance videos, any of you?

Aniseteph

Do you think that Kelly Ripa would have the same temerity to try come out in a tutu and pointe shoes and try to pull off even one pirouette?
Well I'm not familiar with her work... but she looks like she might. Though I think her insurers would veto the pointe shoes ;)