Niyaz - Feraghi

Bashira Qamar

Hello!

I stumbled upon this moving song: Feraghi, by Niyaz. It also runs by the english title "Song of the exile"

I would really like to know what is this song exactly about.

As far as I know it's in the Farsi dialect.

I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere, only the song on youtube:
Nyiaz - Feraghi

I'd be very grateful for any help

TribalDancer

For future reference, *som* of Niyaz songs are not actual language. Azam Ali has a skill for singing made-up words and sounds that emulate language, but mean nothing.

But to your question: my understanding is that the songs on this album are based on poems by Rumi.

The liner notes may have a translation however, as here is a quote from a review of the song:

"When I read the English translation of the Farsi lyrics for “Feraghi,” ...it sings of separation, of abandonment, of exile, of being left alone without any compassion, and of longing for a return."

Bashira Qamar

Yep. I found as much ;) I didn't knw about the "made up" part, bu still "Feraghi" is described as haf\vinh Farsi words. So I still cling to the hope that somene here will know something more.

piece by piece I hope to solve that puzzle ;)

alosha

Their liner notes DO have the translations. I found the liner notes online since they weren't supplied by itunes, but now I can't find them again...