Please, help with finding this song!

Farasha Hanem

Hello, Aphrodite, and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the song in the time frame you mentioned, but I left a comment on the YouTube video, and it will show up on my Facebook page, too. I asked the YouTube poster and all my bellydance friends to help out. Someone here may know the answer, also, so hopefully we'll find out something for you! Have a wonderful day, and again, welcome! :)

Farasha Hanem

*headdesk, headdesk, headdesk...* -_-

:confused: My Facebook and Twitter accounts didn't automatically update on my YouTube comment. I think it's because my comment is pending approval, so it has yet to turn up on my accounts. :confused: I'm very sorry, Aphrodite. I did tweet again about the video, posted a link, and asked my bellydance followers for help, but it may take a few days before my comment gets approved/unapproved on YouTube. Hopefully the user herself will answer your question. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything out. :)

Greek Bonfire

This sounds like a piece of a classic Egyptian song, one done by the old masters. I don't know the song either but I bet this comes from vintage classic dance music.

Marya

I have two versions of that music, Raqia Hassan used it on one of her early instructional videos produced by Turquoise.

I think it is the first track on Journey of a Gipsy Dancer by Jalilah Zamora, and I have it on another CD as well, by another name but I don't have time right now to dig it out.

I will try to do that later today

Marya

Marya

Well,

I can't find the second version I have of this music. I have another CD with it by another name, but I have so many CDs ...

on the 1995 video of Raquia Hassan produced by Turquoise international she uses it for a choreography.

it is a great song.

Marya

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Aphrodite. SaidaOrient left me the following pm on YouTube:

Hello,
I am on the road now. hen come back before Christams will let you know the exact title of the song. It is played by Emad Sayyeh.

Best regrads,
Saida

We'll find out the name of the song one way or another! :D

Aphrodite

OMG! You're awesome! Thank you very much! I found it on internet. Thanks once again :)

But if Saida answers you, please let me know what did she write. "Amar" from Jalilah 2 is another version of this song, I suppose.

Last edited:

nouraki

OMG! You're awesome! Thank you very much! I found it on internet. Thanks once again :)

But if Saida answers you, please let me know what did she write. "Amar" from Jalilah 2 is another version of this song, I suppose.

Hm... i m really tired of this song :D
Yes, I think you are right.It's another version.Ok, never mind.Dance this version, nobody gonna care! :lol:

Farasha Hanem

I still haven't heard back from her, and I've been checking my YouTube inbox every day this week. I'll give it until the end of the month; what would you like for me to do if I still don't hear from her? Would you like for me to send her another friendly pm? :)

Marya

There is another version of this song (just listened to it today) on "The Essence of Bellydance, Al Ahram Orchestra" published by Hollywood Music.

Marya

Aphrodite

You're just amazing... Thank you very much, I found that! I was looking for the version from Essence of Bellydance. Is there any way to give you a reputation point or something? :D
Thanks once again for all of you!

Marya

You're just amazing... Thank you very much, I found that! I was looking for the version from Essence of Bellydance. Is there any way to give you a reputation point or something? :D
Thanks once again for all of you!

That's what we are here for, I like this version so much I am going to use it myself soon.

Marya