To Buy or Make?

AndreaSTL

What goes around comes around! I have many customers looking for the retro look. They want more fringe, more dresses, and more bra/belt sets (as opposed to the lycra). So many of their customers think a dancer should look like before, and if they show up in a sleek Eman with four fringe clusters they wonder if the dancer couldn't afford a proper fringey costume. :lol:

If you like the way you look then by all means wear it. A confident dancer is a good entertainer.

Amulya

So many of their customers think a dancer should look like before, and if they show up in a sleek Eman with four fringe clusters they wonder if the dancer couldn't afford a proper fringey costume. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I can imagine non-belly dancers would be puzzled by that. The classic imagine of a belly dancer still seems to be one with a bedlah full of fringe (or coins maybe)

To be honest, I have seen so many lycra costumes that I definitely don't want one anymore. Seems everybody got them, no dancer stands out anymore.

The ones I still like of the 'modern style' are the very simple costumes, yes, with only a few decorations, but some just work well.

I don't like the lycra ones with a lot of random stuff* embroidered on them, they seem the most popular.

*not really random of course, but to me the embroidery always seems a little 'un-precise', not like the Turkish costumes that have very clear precise shapes embroidered on them. Does that make sense?

arcane77

What goes around comes around! I have many customers looking for the retro look. They want more fringe, more dresses, and more bra/belt sets (as opposed to the lycra). So many of their customers think a dancer should look like before, and if they show up in a sleek Eman with four fringe clusters they wonder if the dancer couldn't afford a proper fringey costume. :lol:

If you like the way you look then by all means wear it. A confident dancer is a good entertainer.

Andrea - look what I found, It made me laugh, only because of what you said.
the dance is pretty but the costume reminds me of something along the lines of BDSM 0_o

AndreaSTL

Arcane, for me that costume is out of balance. There's not enough hip fringe to balance out the bra, and if it's going to cover that much stomach it should have some sleeves. I also like for the scoop cutouts to come a bit lower, myself. She has a great figure, but it's really hidden in that costume.

Of course, YMMV. :D

Amulya

Arcane, for me that costume is out of balance. There's not enough hip fringe to balance out the bra, and if it's going to cover that much stomach it should have some sleeves. I also like for the scoop cutouts to come a bit lower, myself. She has a great figure, but it's really hidden in that costume.

Of course, YMMV. :D

I was thinking the same; there should be more fringe around the hips, now the movements are a bit hidden. Possibly even more because the bra gets all the attention.