Video clip from Bondok!

Sha-ri

Just got a call to check if it is working right and it seems like it does :D

On www.bondok.de there is now a short clip of Bondok including sequences of his saidi- and tanoura-performance.

BTW, Bondok has also a Demo-DVD with some more dances like nubian, dabke, hagalla and iskanderani, this is just an extract out of it.

Enjoy!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I very much applaud Bondok for *NOT* using YouTube, and hosting his video on his own site instead. Very professional.

But...

I click on "video" on his site, and it doesn't work...

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Sharif

I very much applaud Bondok for *NOT* using YouTube, and hosting his video on his own site instead. Very professional.
But... I click on "video" on his site, and it doesn't work...

Well, that's perhaps because the clip format is Windows Media specific. Upgrade to a PC and you'll be fine! :D One good thing about YouTube is that it works on most computer systems. And the quality of this clip is comparable to YouTube - there's only so much you can do with a 250 kbit/s video stream.

Nice stuff in general, but I get dizzy just watching the second part!

chryssanthi sahar

Bondok is really a great dancer:D He is a friend of mine and I've watched some performances of his live. He is a real Tannura master;)
By the way Sha-ri, I'm organizing a Hagalla workshop with Bondok in Heidelberg. It is going to take place at the 25th of March. You find more information on my web page Chryssanthi In case you know people in Heidelberg/Mannheim area, who would be interested in such a workshop, please tell them about it. Thank you very much in advance:D

Sha-ri

By the way Sha-ri, I'm organizing a Hagalla workshop with Bondok in Heidelberg. It is going to take place at the 25th of March. You find more information on my web page Chryssanthi

Hi Chryssanthi,
I know about the workshop, I was thinking about coming myself (well, let's say Bondok tries to convince me to come with him ;) ).

Lydia

video clip from bondok

thank you Shari i could not open the clip on his side either...verry nice dancing and great pics on his side...Lydia

Eve

sorry to drag up an old thread but he performed at JoY earlier this year, he got standing ovation for his tanoura, the audience had tears in their eyes it was so powerful and he seemed like a lovely guy. :clap:

Kharmine

Really different from a lot of ME male dancers I've seen, and quite wonderful. Has both grace and dignity.

I couldn't open the vide on his site,either, and I have the latest Windows on my PC (Hubby is a Microsoft software expert), so very glad it's on YouTube!

Is this guy an Egyptian living in Germany, or a German who has been to Egypt? That second dance reminded me of devirsh dances I've seen.

chryssanthi sahar

Is this guy an Egyptian living in Germany, or a German who has been to Egypt? That second dance reminded me of devirsh dances I've seen.

He is an Egyptian who lives in Germany! Tanoura is the secularised form of Dervish dance;) (Egyptian version). In Egypt almost every male dancer performs Tanoura, but Bondok is one of the best I've seen .