What are you working on right now?

Amulya

I'm arranging to get the bits and pieces together for a new costume. It's going to be a brown and gold tribaret costume. As soon as I have it together I'll post pictures :)

janaki

I am making accessories for my new blue velvet costume. I hav a show tomorrow for world bellydance day show!!!

Cheers
Janaki

gisela

Super Moderator
I'm making a gold bra and belt to make me look like tahia carioca (hmmm...) for a show on sunday. Crazy, since I have no time, but thanks to Ranya's advice I might be able to make it. Very simple with no beading, just the shapes in a nice golden/lilac fabric. So far I've only stitched the fabric onto a bra but will sew it better on soon. Do you think it might do or does it look completely hopeless? (I will cover the straps to)

Amulya

It looks like the fabric is a bit loose fitting on the bra, but maybe that's because you didn't stitch it on properly yet? Nice color and fabric!

Maria_Aya

On the BIG show for the International Day of Bellydance that will be later for Greece, and for my presendation for the CID (Dance Council of Unesco) for September.
And hopefully vacations !!! :D

Maria Aya

Aniseteph

I'm trying to make a dark blue top that I can hide a bra under. I've got a commercial pattern as a starting point and am going for a sort of vintage Hollywood/1940's style look. That's the theory anyway... :lol:

Shanazel

I'm working on a black thobe with multi-colored embroidery and several outfits to teach in (my students probably get sick of me in black).

Gisela, see where the fabric sort of bunches up on your bra? try smoothing that bunching out and turning the excess fabric under in a dart. When I cover bras, I cover the cups on the bias and smooth from the top of the cup down so that the darts are under the breasts. I stitch the darts right through the bra cup rather than try to put darts in then fit the fitted fabric over the cups. Other than that, I think you have a real nice retro look going on.

Amulya

I always take bras completely apart, so backstraps go, shoulderstraps go and maybe even the connecting piece in between goes (if it's placed to wide) and I replace it all by sraps I make from sturdy heavy duty cotton and then I cover the bra. I have picture and a description of how I do that on this page: Welcome to Bellydancenet

Hope it is of some help :)

only a few pictures at the bottom are missing, but I think the others will give the idea

Last edited by a moderator: