Bedlahs

Farasha Hanem

I've been needing a few bedlahs in certain colors for some skirts I have, in particular, a silver set, a black set with silver accents, and a turquoise set. Obviously, I can't buy them all at once, but if anyone knows where I can get some or all of these colors at a reasonable price, I would sure appreciate the help. The bedlahs on eBay just, well, aren't what I had in mind, and the ones I've found in other stores online are in the "heart attack price range." :confused: I realize it takes a lot of time and work to make a beautiful, good-quality bedlah, but I'm on a Wal-Mart budget. :(

I'd like to find vintage Egyptian or Turkish style bedlahs that use glass beads, and lots of sequins, not the cheap rhinestone or plastic beads that eBay seems to have loads of. Gently used bedlahs are welcome, hopefully in the $75-$150 price range. The bra size needs to be a 34B, and the belt needs to fit 36 inch hips. Anyone know where I can go shopping? :(

da Sage

Bhuz swap meet is probably the way to go. You should be able to pick up a nice bedlah there eventually. :cool: Good luck!

Bast

I have a turquoise I'd love to pass on!

I am negotiable on price, maybe I could pay half shipping or something.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117930363190418989101/TurquoiseBedlahForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNf-0vrFwdGNJA&feat=directlink

Can give full description if interested :)

Bast

0.0 Ohhh, MYYYYYYY, that's gorgeous! :D What are the measurements? :D

The picasa link takes you to an album with pics showing measuring tape and i have pasted my ad with the other info for you. I currently have this for sale on a local site.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1179303...eat=directlink

A/B Cup
Belt 41” max
This is a sturdy well made bedlah in good used condition.

It has a large blingy gold and AB brooch and matching little AB crystals across the tops of the cups.
It has some loose threads and the butt area is a little loose but this isn't noticeble once on the body (my mannequin has no booty to fill it out)
The very big stone on the brooch has lost a little of the AB film.
I have included a close up pic.
There are some missing sequins on the back of the bra and a couple are missing from the gold trim along the top of the belt.
I made a headband out of the spare bra strap but it could be used to patch up the missing sequins.

Bra has some pads sewn in but easily removed without damaging the lining.

Comes with a shiny turquoise skirt with 2 front splits.
The hem of the skirt needs a little fixing up in places.

$120 includes shipping Australia wide with tracking
Would also consider trades- looking for silk veil, lion sword, curly hem skirts or anything in peacock colours.

Being in Australia makes shipping expensive. To keep it under 2kg I'd have to leave the skirt out but it isn't the greatest skirt anyway. I could proabably do it for $150 shipped to the US.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

That's okay, I wouldn't need the skirt since I'm looking to match my own turquoise skirt, but thank you. ^^ And I'm used to repairing things, that's kind of a necessary hazard being a bellydancer! :D

Thank you, sent you a pm! :D

Bast

Bast - are you selling that skirt?

You are welcome to it if you want it, just pay for postage ;) I could probably get it into a 500g satchel.

It is a lame material which I hate as it doesn't drape softly. The hem needs a bit of fixing up as the lame has started to fray- I patched a bit up before deciding I was never going to wear this skirt.

I would have given to Farasha, but it would tip the shipping for the bedlah over 2Kg making it not worth it. I got burnt that way when I bought it. She said she had a skirt to go with the bedlah anyway.

Farasha Hanem

Bellydance and all its trappings is an incurable addiction! @______@;;

EDIT: I did find a lovely black-and-silver bedlah at missbellydance.com, but it was in the YIKES!!! price range! @______@;;;

EDIT 2: I found a gorgeous silver set I like even better at Pyramid Imports, in the SCREAM AND RUN AWAY price range!!! @______________@;;;;; :'0

Last edited:

Bast

Bellydance and all its trappings is an incurable addiction! @______@;;

EDIT: I did find a lovely black-and-silver bedlah at missbellydance.com, but it was in the YIKES!!! price range! @______@;;;

EDIT 2: I found a gorgeous silver set I like even better at Pyramid Imports, in the SCREAM AND RUN AWAY price range!!! @______________@;;;;; :'0

Yeah, that is why I buy from other dancers. I only bought one costume direct from a shop, it was very expensive and a bit of a disappointment.

I am an absolute costume addict so I buy secondhand and rotate frequently. I get to wear different costumes and the cost is more like costume hire than maintaining a huge wardrobe :)