funk infused bellydance

Ariadne

I didn't care for the first performance. Once the beat came in you completely abandoned the melody and hit it hard. The problem for me was that the melody was so delicate that it just didn't match, it was like you were bludgeoning the song to death.

The second performance matched the music much better.

Duvet

I liked the dancing, but was distracted by the soundtrack, which means I'm more focused on that than on what the dancer was doing. Was that really the music being performed to? Whilst I feel I could 'see' the music in the body language (which I could imagine was being executed really well), it didn't fit what I was actually listening to, and spoilt the experience. The dance lost the nuances and clever interpretations which I think I saw, but couldn't match with anything. If the video was re-posted without the soundtrack the dancing would look a whole lot better.

Despite that I thought it looked like a fun performance that I'd be happy to watch again, although if I was sat at the bar I'd wish she would turn around a bit more. If that was the original soundtrack, I think the performer needs to understand that dancing is more than just moving nicely.