How many costumes?

Suzanne Azhaar

Suzanne, I have that too; make something I never use. I have a red Indian-fusion costume and I have never ever used it. It doesn't even fit anymore. Time for EBay I guess:

Amulya from what I can see it is a very pretty costume. Great photo too!

LadyLoba you are right. Colors are allowed to mix and blend beautifully in belly dance. Not so much in the business world.

LadyLoba

One thing I've found with everyday wear that Im sure will apply to belly dance costumes if a person is concerned with the number they own...I'm a LOT happier with a small wardrobe full of clothes that I actually wear and know are suitable to me than I was back when I went through a phase of having to have outfits in every style I liked and then multiples of them in every color I liked. I know I look better, because I only own things that are flattering rather than everything I could possibly buy and everything coordinates instead of being so random. To apply that to belly dance...you'd probably be a lot happier, and have more costumes you're comfortable performing in, if you selected a bra and belt set that was the most flattering style to your figure, bought it in your best neutral or metallic, and then bought another one, or similar one if you don't like multiples, in another neutral or metallic...and then collected skirts in your favorite colors to change around with them...veils, accessories. Doing that would actually result in a lot more costumes for YOU, because you'd have things you'd really wear. It's better to have 25 total pieces you're actually going to wear than 125 total pieces, half of which just hang there and collect dust.

LadyLoba

One thing I've found with everyday wear that Im sure will apply to belly dance costumes if a person is concerned with the number they own...I'm a LOT happier with a small wardrobe full of clothes that I actually wear and know are suitable to me than I was back when I went through a phase of having to have outfits in every style I liked and then multiples of them in every color I liked. I know I look better, because I only own things that are flattering rather than everything I could possibly buy and everything coordinates instead of being so random. To apply that to belly dance...you'd probably be a lot happier, and have more costumes you're comfortable performing in, if you selected a bra and belt set that was the most flattering style to your figure, bought it in your best neutral or metallic, and then bought another one, or similar one if you don't like multiples, in another neutral or metallic...and then collected skirts in your favorite colors to change around with them...veils, accessories. Doing that would actually result in a lot more costumes for YOU, because you'd have things you'd really wear. It's better to have 25 total pieces you're actually going to wear than 125 total pieces, half of which just hang there and collect dust.

The above is what I SAY when I'm sitting here calmly. I SEE a costume I want or come up with new ideas to mix pieces for a new costume every day ;);)

I havent ordered one yet...but it seems addictive...buying costumes. I could easily see myself with a sensible, modest 8 career outfits, 8-10 casual outfits, and 2 dresses for going out wardrobe...and a whole extra closet brimming with belly dance costumes.