I'm Officially a Pro! Scary, I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuteNurse

Congratulations to you! Who cares what others think about you when you are dancing. As long as you are enjoying it that is all that matters. I was wondering about the glasses thing because I have never seen a BD with glasses....Only in classes...lol Makes sense though. Be yourself and have fun and people will see that you are enjoying yourself and that is contagious!

Outi

Great! Congratulations! You will have very exiting moments.

I wouldn't advise to get used to dancing without seeing your audience. It might sound great now, but it might be more difficult to change your ways later. I'm near sighted too, and I would HATE to dance without contacts. I don't even have very strong classes.

There is two different problems, if you can't see. First of all dancing in theatre with very strong lights, it's better to see. Otherwise the lights can make you really blind. Same way when you are dancing with your troupe, it's easier to miscalculate distances etc. Other problem is the contact with your audience. You are supposed to see and make eye contact with them. If you have a good friend, who sees you dancing a few times, it actually comes obvious, if you can't see your audience. It makes a big difference.

If you think this a way to help you to be less shy, you could try perform both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.