Shoo Shoo Amin?

lizaj

I have just been reading an article about an Egyptian Dancer named Shoo Shoo Amin. This is the first time I have heard of her. She worked professionally in London in the 80s. Has anyone else heard of her? Her shimmies sound amazing!

See article on Gilded Serpent.

Shoo Shoo Amin | Belly Dance News & Events - Gilded Serpent

~Mosaic

Serpentine have uploaded vids of her on Youtube. I have them on compilation VHS from 10 years back.Good stuff Yeh!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I had never heard of her, but as she was dancing in London all those years I thought someone from the UK probably knows of her. Lucky you having the VHS compilation. You should get it converted to DVD.
~Mosaic

lizaj

I didn't know she danced in the UK..This sounds like a bit of investigative journalism for the mag.:think:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Serpentine have uploaded vids of her on Youtube. I have them on compilation VHS from 10 years back.Good stuff Yeh!

Liz, where did you get that video? Is it one of the old Trytels? I want one!!

Shoo-shoo ROCKS! Shareen el Safy said she learned a lot from watching her.

teela

Isn't Artemis having something in May where Shoo Shoo Amin is teaching? I wish I could go but its too early in the year for me to attend.

Lydia

i have seen her performing in Egypt when i just starting to work there,in 1983.....nice shooshoo style!!!!! very smoothy shymmy,s she hade