So my new teacher....

Amber

.... IS awesome!

Her name is Princess Madiha, and she teaches in the Southeast MI area. She teaches a totally different style than what Im used to but I like it. I was so afraid to go and take lessons from her because I had heard how strict she was and how scary her lessons were.... when in fact... it was nothing of the sort!

She is very relaxed and she has some amazing insights! Im very please with both of my instructors actually. Im very blessed to have happened upon both of them. :) My very first instructor Stephanie Carr who I am still taking lessons from, is the most warm and friendly woman you will ever meet, and she really helped me feel more comfortable about myself. (not to mention her KILLER shimmy)

I started classes w/ Princess Madiha two weeks ago and I am positively ecstatic!

I just wanted to say how wonderful it feels to have happened on such.

Thats all, You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Congratulations on finding a great teacher! It can be a jungle out there but sometimes you just find the one!
Happy dancing,
gisela

Jack

I'm very happy for you!:D:lol:
What style does she teach and what is your original style?

lizaj

Is she or isn't she?

Sorry but the use of the name "Princess" always makes me chuckle!

But I am so glad your classes are going well!

Isn't this the lady when I had my chuckle on Bhuz, someone came on to say she was a Lebanese Druz and therefore......

As you see, we send our princes off to war!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Great to hear, It is wonderful when you find instructors you resonate with. I have had lessons from 2 at the same time
(different days LOL!) At the moment i am only taking classes from one though. But would take classes from as many as i could fit into a week if I could find them:D
~Mosaic

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Amber,
Congrats! Have you seen any of the videos Princess Madiha has released? They're a bit expensive so I haven't bought them yet, but I was wondering what they were like.
Thanks!
Amanda

Amber

I'm very happy for you!:D:lol:
What style does she teach and what is your original style?

Im not sure exactly what you would call her style. Heres a clip of her dancing: http://www.princessmadiha.com/teaching/teaching.swf I think its probably Egyptian or Syrian. She would tell you that its her own made up style. LOL

I haven't really been dancing long enough to say that I had a style. But I have always been especially drawn to Egyptian style. Her style fits the way I like to dance, and the style I like to watch. Its just A LOT more sophisticated than the way I flop arround LOL.

Amber

Aziyade: Yes, my original teacher has one of her DVDs, the advanced one and its pretty cool. However I would probably recommend it to someone who has been dancing a long time and can figure out moves without too much instruction, because the breakdowns of the moves are difficult to understand.

Mosaic: Yeah I thought it was pretty awesome to find TWO awesome teachers. Im so delighted! Belly dance is really starting to become more than just a love for me... its slowly becoming an obsession LOL.

gisela: Thank you! Yeah its difficult but its so great once you find them. Its like it just fits.