a pitty

Lydia

HI everybody ,it a pitty that no more members will take part on the worldbellydanceday.....we have more than 300 members now on facebook,and 11 country,s registered to take part but i think only very little dancers from the forum not even 1 handfull,come on everybody we can do better than this ...remember its for charity no need to do a big thing ,but try to something,where are all the prof dancers that have followers and students come on give 1 day of your time , its just 1 day out of 365......hugs Lydia

lizaj

HI everybody ,it a pitty that no more members will take part on the worldbellydanceday.....we have more than 300 members now on facebook,and 11 country,s registered to take part but i think only very little dancers from the forum not even 1 handfull,come on everybody we can do better than this ...remember its for charity no need to do a big thing ,but try to something,where are all the prof dancers that have followers and students come on give 1 day of your time , its just 1 day out of 365......hugs Lydia

I'm not on facebook but did you count my hafla..there should be 100 or so at that...well 80 tickets have gone already!(..... and the rest are reserved but not for long!). I have spread the word on tribe.

lizaj

And there's this on Bellydance events UK on tribe. i did let folks there know about it.

Hello all,
I'm part of the Baubo Moon Room team led by Guinevere Clark in Haverfordwest. We aim to encourage all women to try belly dance and to extend belly dancing activities in West Wales.
As the 10th May is World Belly Dance Day, we've decided to have a sponsored marathon belly dance in aid of Wales Air Ambulance.
It is to be held in Letterston Community Hall, and we are aiming to have dancers on the go from 9am to 9pm. Various teachers from West Wales will take it in turns to give hour-long classes throughout the day, keeping the sponsored dancers going, and these will also be open to women who want to drop in and have a 'taster' session or two (or more!) for a £1 per hour donation. We will also be performing various choreographies as a 'show' in the evening, and this will be open to all to watch, again for a £1 contribution.
We are hoping to raise £3000 for Wales Air Ambulance. Guin has set up a page on JustGiving, to make donations easier, see Justgiving - Baubo Marathon Sponsored Belly Dance
So if you're feeling generous, please donate! And if you're in West Wales and would like to get involved, please get in touch!
Thanks - Melanie

Reen.Blom

Thyanks Lisaj!

I have emailed thye lady that organises the event, hope she replies soon!

Also hyope to hear about your event soon!

*hug*

Lydia

Lizaj that is realy nice!! because like Reen said u.k is not listed yet,so great if you are in,and yes please you have to send your info than it can be updated and everybody can read about your event...its realy nice that you are in,i wish you goodluck with the event
Brea i think its fine that you dance and just do a small party why not ? specialy for new girls ,nice than they get to know eachother go for it realy just do it.......

Reen.Blom

Brea get a poster with World Belly Dance Day 2008 and take a pic with the girls- why not dress up and have fun? A little oriantal themed party with dancing?? For beginners main point to have fun!

Last edited:

janaki

Hey guys,

I am in it too. I am making final confirmation about the venue. Most likely we will do it on the 11th of May.

Reen,

I will post the details on the facebook and send the info to you once things are finalised.

Hugs
Janaki

Last edited:

Shanazel

Due to the way graduation falls here in town and the availability of venues, we are dancing on 16 May, but my heart will be with you on the tenth.

Maria_Aya

Keeping the greek custom's the celebrations last for 3 days !!!!
So on Friday 9 May we are having an Oriental Theatre show with 15 dancers and invited guests Ahmed Fekry from Egypt and Yamar from Turkey.
On the weekend 10-11 May workshops with Ahmed Fekry.
I'm giving a free 2 hour workshop on the 10nth as its the actual day !!!
On the 10nth we are having a privite party at my dance school with the participants of the workshops and friends from the Egyptian Embassy to honnor Lydia Tzigane !!!
On the Sunday 11 we are having a big party at the Culture Center of the Egyptian Community.

Part of the tickets of the 9nth show with go to the school of disable kids "Open Orizons"

Maria Aya :D

Melanie

Hello all,
Lizaj kindly picked up on my Tribe.net post really quickly and reminded me to get the info onto the WBDD website (which is where I found out about World Belly Dance Day). I've sent some information in, and also copied it to Guinevere, who put together the team organising this and whose idea it was.
Perhaps if there's a general poster template for WBDD, it could be made available through their website?

Reen.Blom

Hello all,
Lizaj kindly picked up on my Tribe.net post really quickly and reminded me to get the info onto the WBDD website (which is where I found out about World Belly Dance Day). I've sent some information in, and also copied it to Guinevere, who put together the team organising this and whose idea it was.
Perhaps if there's a general poster template for WBDD, it could be made available through their website?

Hi Melanie, great to hear from you!!!

You mean poster for printing? Or what kind of poster? There is no poster YET but I surely can make one!!!!

PS Maria, Janakie, Shanazel, great to hear from you girls!

Melanie

Re the poster, actually I was thinking that perhaps there was some sort of logo or picture for World Belly Dance day that we should add to our posters/leaflets. Is there something on the WBDD website we could use?

I agree that a thread about World Belly Dance Day on Bhuz would be good too. After all, I only found out about it because I thought 'I wonder if there's such a thing as International Belly Dance Day?' and googled it.

Reen.Blom

Re the poster, actually I was thinking that perhaps there was some sort of logo or picture for World Belly Dance day that we should add to our posters/leaflets. Is there something on the WBDD website we could use?

I agree that a thread about World Belly Dance Day on Bhuz would be good too. After all, I only found out about it because I thought 'I wonder if there's such a thing as International Belly Dance Day?' and googled it.

Oh I put the logo on facebook, but its a great idea I will upload it on the site!! Thank you!!!!