seona

Hi peeps, can someone explain the rep system for me please. I looked on faq and I'm still in the dark lol
I understand that if someone posts something that you strongly agree with or makes a fantastic post you can add to their reputation by pressing the add to rep icon.
Is it limited the amount of rep you can give? If so how does it work?
Also I noticed that I have 1 green rep - havent a clue how I got it, I can't see anything on my personal page about it!
Thanks in advance :)

Darshiva

Hi Seona. look up at the top left of the website & you'll see 'User CP'. Click on it & you'll see your rep and the comments left by those who rep'd you. It's quite flattering.

You can give rep by clicking on the little white thing that sorta looks like cloudy scales underneath someone's avatar. At that point you can give rep and explain why.

I'm pretty sure I've given negative rep for an extreme act of unsavoriness at one stage. If you see a comment that makes you feel something strongly, click on the little cloudy scales & let them know all about it!

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Yes, you understood correctly about adding rep to a post. There is also the choice of giving negative reputation but it's not done often I think.
You can give unlimited amount of reputation, however, you have to give it to 20(?) other persons before giving to the same person again. It will come up in a little dialogue box that says something like "spread it around".
Everyone starts out with one green dot. I just gave you rep so if you go to "User CP" I think you will find a note about it, together with a short message :)
If you recieve reputation from a user with less than 50(?) posts the dot and message shows but is grey-blueish. They don't add to your rep-points but you get the nice feeling anyway.
Hope that helps
Gisela

ETA: I was too slow, Darshiva :D

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
also you can't give them points. That is automatically done depending on how much rep you have yourself. The person receiving rep will get more points depending on how many points the person giving the rep has.