Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

How can this costume be $80 (I love it, but not fond of the one nude boob):

I would never allow one boob to look nude. :naghty: The other would be so envious that it might come to a battle between them and THEN what would I do?

Aniseteph

I think I've seen that one with the faces on before. Worst centre-front of belt motif ever, especially the side view. :shok:

Bast

I think I've seen that one with the faces on before. Worst centre-front of belt motif ever, especially the side view. :shok:

I can't stop thinking about it. Truly traumatised by that one. Now I have to know the context.

Can anyone tell me why she might be wearing that? Is it the face of someone they want to mock or undermine. Or is it supposed to be a comedy act? Why are the audience laughing and clapping and clearly not horrified or shocked? Why are there children involved in act? Why did she consent to wear that?

It just keeps going round in my head. Can anyone shed some light on this clip?

indrayu

And if you can get to the end of *that* clip, there's a lot of very normal-looking women, presumably audience, up on the stage dancing with her. Everyone looks like they're having fun. Must be something going on we out here can't even guess at :think:

Amulya

No sound. I got it from Bhuz and they didn't know either what it was. Someone suggested Halloween. That can be the only explanation or indeed some comedy thing.

Aniseteph

I was going to say that it would be a perfect fit for the belly dancer standing next to my computer, but then she is made (by my daughter) out of a loo roll tube. Cylindrical and no boobs. In fact she has a far more flattering costume that gives an illusion of a waist.

gisela

Super Moderator
I have the loo roll shape ,only with boobs, and I can't for my life imagine that THAT bedla would look good on me :lol:

Shanazel

Surely that style of bedlah must suit someone. Why else would the pattern be so popular?

I suspect some people choose it thinking it will hide figure flaws. Seems to me it only hides a good figure and makes everyone look like a loo roll tube.

Ha! Loo roll tube. Wonder what kind of torso articulation that might describe? "Three backward figure eights, then shoulder sway aaaaaand loo roll up, all the way through the shoulders."

Darshiva

I like the patented one. It's rather fun & cute. Of course, if I bought it I'd immediately unpick the belly cover because I find that sort of thing hideous, but the overall outfit - quite cute & very patent-worthy. I wish more designers would have the good sense to patent their designs (and to vigourously enforce their copyright too!)

Amulya

Patented it? I couldn't find where they stated that. But I don't think it would work to patent it, someone can copy it and make a tiny change.
Without the belly cover it would indeed look much better. It looks like that belly thing is pulling the bra down.

The cat eyes, LOL!!!!

Daimona

Patented it? I couldn't find where they stated that. But I don't think it would work to patent it, someone can copy it and make a tiny change.

There are some parts of a patent statement in the upper left corner on some of the pictures.