Under-boobage Issue

BoiseShan

OK--
I'm frustrated!

I'm working on a new bra, but I'm still having strap issues. If I use the straps that cross in the back, then it seems like the bottom of my bra rides up and the twins fall out the bottom.

But I've heard that halter straps aren't comfortable--especially for larger busted women....

Ideas? Suggestions??

Thanks!

Shanazel

Sounds like you need a better fitting bra- maybe smaller around the rib cage and larger in the cups? And halter bras: halter starts with "h" as do "hurt" and "hell." Coincidence? I think not. :lol:

PracticalDancer

If I use the straps that cross in the back, then it seems like the bottom of my bra rides up and the twins fall out the bottom.

When you cross the straps, you wind up pulling the cups closer together, making them effectively smaller. This, combined with a band (section of bra that encases your ribs) that is even slightly too big, can cause "drop out".

First, tighten the band. Then, if you "ooze" up versus down, go for a larger cup size next time. Upward ooze can be tamed by adding complementary or contrasting fabric to the top edges of the cups -- just don't pull it too tight. ;)

regards,

Anala

Marya

OK--
I'm frustrated!

I'm working on a new bra, but I'm still having strap issues. If I use the straps that cross in the back, then it seems like the bottom of my bra rides up and the twins fall out the bottom.

But I've heard that halter straps aren't comfortable--especially for larger busted women....

Ideas? Suggestions??

Thanks!

You could try the H configuration. leave the bra straps as the would normally be, one on each shoulder, then add a strap that connects them around the same level or a little higher than your shoulder blades. If you attache that strap too low or too high you will not be able to get into the bra so you will need to pin it in place to find the right place to put it. or you could figure out a secure hook for it on one side so you can open it when you put on the bra.

Marya

BoiseShan

First, tighten the band. Then, if you "ooze" up versus down, go for a larger cup size next time. Upward ooze can be tamed by adding complementary or contrasting fabric to the top edges of the cups -- just don't pull it too tight. ;)

This was my first thought, too. But how do I tighten the bottom band when the straps are all interconnected? If I pull the straps tighter then the straps are too short and the cups just ride too high....

Aniseteph

You tighten the bottom band (that goes round your ribcage) by increasing the overlap at the back where it fastens. Get that right (easier said than done - I get back fat issues - :mad:) before you start adjusting shoulder straps.

Are the shoulder straps too short?

PracticalDancer

You tighten the bottom band (that goes round your ribcage) by increasing the overlap at the back where it fastens. Get that right (easier said than done - I get back fat issues - :mad:) before you start adjusting shoulder straps.

Are the shoulder straps too short?

I, too, have occasionally had move cleavage in the back than in the front. :lol:

Boise, I second Aniseteph -- If the straps are too short when you tighten the back, then move the strap, The back connection of the right shoulder strap moves closer to the right arm, the back connection of the left shoulder strap moves closer to the left arm.

And, when I make my straps from scratch, I always make them about 2" longer than I think I need, just so I can play with them. ;)

regards,

Anala

eden eyes

i wear halter costumes (like bathing suits) because i actually prefer them! i have a large bust (36-38 D) and as long as the strap is long enough to not cut off circulation in my neck and is short enough to give me support, i feel great in it. I feel more support in a halter than in a normal shoulder one.

but maybe it's just me :rolleyes:

alosha

OK--
I'm frustrated!

Ideas? Suggestions??

Thanks!

don't be afraid to take the straps off and start again!

making bras is so much trial and error. get it sewn, don't like it, take it apart, sew it again, take it apart.....

Shanazel

i wear halter costumes (like bathing suits) because i actually prefer them! i have a large bust (36-38 D) and as long as the strap is long enough to not cut off circulation in my neck and is short enough to give me support, i feel great in it. I feel more support in a halter than in a normal shoulder one.

but maybe it's just me :rolleyes:

Maybe you are blessed with firmer boobs than some of us and stand up and out without so much support! :D When I was dancing for Noah and the gang on his boat, I wore a 32-34D (oh, those were the days!) and my halter bras were enough to make me cry. Maybe if the straps had been wider so the weight was distributed over several cervical vertebrae it would've been more comfortable. Hmmm. Wish I'd thought of that thirty years ago.:rolleyes:

Aniseteph

Not just wider shoulder/neck straps - having a good solid back strap to the bra helps. If the back strap is taking most of the workload there is less strain on the straps, whatever configuration they are in.

Oresai

I`m a 28FF (in UK sizing, don`t know if it`s different elsewhere) but it means I have a narrow back but big boobs. I`ve never used a halter strap before but due to massacreing by accident a bra top I`ve been making, I have had to make one, so will give it a go though I suspect it`ll hurt like hell. I did pay heed to comments on here though, first, and have made the halter strap pretty wide for comfort (I hope) and distribution. Also made the back straps adjustable (they are tie straps) and thought maybe adding a strap from the back of the neck of the halter to the back straps might help, if that makes sense.
With under boobage slipping :D I find tightening the ribcage straps helps, even if it does mean you can barely breathe! :)