Visitor from the UK

Granddad

Hi all, I'm the husband of a belly dancer and webmaster of a regional belly dance website in the UK. I've been a fan of Salome's site for years. :clap: I was active on this forum a couple of years ago but ... who has the time to spend of forums? :shok:

Caroline_afifi

Hi all, I'm the husband of a belly dancer and webmaster of a regional belly dance website in the UK. I've been a fan of Salome's site for years. :clap: I was active on this forum a couple of years ago but ... who has the time to spend of forums? :shok:

me. I do it instead of watching telly,reading crap newspapers, cleaning the house, writing important reports for my work and anything else that I need distracting from.

It is all research to me and very very important! ;)

anyone who says they are FAR TOO busy is talking a load of old cobblers...

It is about how you
to use your time.

Granddad

me. I do it instead of watching telly,reading crap newspapers, cleaning the house, writing important reports for my work and anything else that I need distracting from.

It is all research to me and very very important! ;)

anyone who says they are FAR TOO busy is talking a load of old cobblers...

It is about how you to use your time.

:lol: I'll consider my wrists slapped.

I already don't watch telly, don't read crap newspapers (or even good ones) and don't clean the house until I am ordered to do so by the Health and Safety Executive.

.... Darn it! this is exactly the "old cobblers" I meant ... now you've got me spending time responding on a forum when I'm supposed to be researching links for my belly dance website!

Caroline_afifi

:lol: I'll consider my wrists slapped.

I already don't watch telly, don't read crap newspapers (or even good ones) and don't clean the house until I am ordered to do so by the Health and Safety Executive.

.... Darn it! this is exactly the "old cobblers" I meant ... now you've got me spending time responding on a forum when I'm supposed to be researching links for my belly dance website!

:lol: see.. think very carefully, it can be quite addictive and time does not come into it.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome back Grandad! You can't possibly just pop in and out again, You will find all sorts of things here that will keep you amused for hours, days and even months! So much info for your website:D

Who wants to clean house, shop for food, etc. Time out for Dancing or shopping for BD stuff allowed!;)
~Mosaic

lizaj

Hang around, grandad and you'll see that belly dance is so much more important than housework.... remember Quentin Crisp and his claim..dust doesn't get any thicker after 7 years.
I'll let you into a secret: spray a bit of polish around just before him indoors is due home and he says..mmmm you've been busy!;)

Aniseteph

Hang around, grandad and you'll see that belly dance is so much more important than housework.... remember Quentin Crisp and his claim..dust doesn't get any thicker after 7 years.

All hail St Quentin of Crisp.

I am so glad it isn't just me.

And it absolutely is research - I have learned so much here.

Granddad

Lizaj :lol: I AM Him indoors! SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED would rather dance ... I think we have some polish somewhere buried in a cupboard but if I used it she'd say "What's that funny smell? ... why have you been polishing? Have you had a girlfriend round while I was at dance class?" :lol:

Mosaic Thank you. I must confess to being a bad boy, I took time out to eat.

Caroline I have an article somewhere on my computer about belly dance addiction and I carry a health warning on my web site that reads:

CAUTION!!

• Belly dancing is normally good for your health but can be
seriously addictive.

• Participants have been known to have fun, make new friends,
gain self confidence and move sinuously and gracefully
around stages and dance floors in glamorous middle-eastern
costumes.

• Neither the very young nor pensioners are immune from the
effects of this addiction.

• Those in doubt should consult their doctor before embarking
on any new programme of exercise.

• Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and omnivores.

• Classes may contain nuts.​

BTW Caroline, do you have a website I can link to as revenge? ... or don't you have time for that?

Mark :dance:

Caroline_afifi

[QUOTE=Granddad;94451BTW Caroline, do you have a website I can link to as revenge? ... or don't you have time for that?

It is not about time... I am just too bloody lazy!

Maybe one day.

lizaj

Grandad how about writing the bloke's perspective. How to cope with a bellydancing partner for me at the mag. You lot are all so good at spouting forth on the WWW . I want it in print in our mag!

Granddad

Lizaj Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... You're THAT Liz!

Message me your email ... I may have something you can look at if I tweak it a little and if you don't mind me putting it on my website too.

Caroline
It is not about time... I am just too bloody lazy!

Maybe one day.
:clap: You walked right into that one ... I may be able to help ... Oriental Dancer Website Services Page :lol: If I can get time off this bl***y forum!

lizaj

These words... what do they mean???

:lol::lol:

dust...what you blow off video tapes you haven't watched for a while
cook...what someone else does when you go out to eat
shop...choosing and buying a belly dance costume
watching TV...when you slip a belly dance DVD in the player and watch it on a TV monitor.;););)

teela

I agree with lizaj on what I watch on my TV. I usually have it on while I dance to instructional DVD or watching a performance DVD while grading papers. I also use my DVD player to play CD's to listen to so I can dance or learn the music or what ever. I think dusting is something I do once in a while and cooking is more often than not microwaving cheese on crackers or warming left overs.

lizaj

I agree with lizaj on what I watch on my TV. I usually have it on while I dance to instructional DVD or watching a performance DVD while grading papers. I also use my DVD player to play CD's to listen to so I can dance or learn the music or what ever. I think dusting is something I do once in a while and cooking is more often than not microwaving cheese on crackers or warming left overs.

You mean you don't go out and shoot a moose, skin it season and casserole it while stitching up a natty warm bedlah...sorry that was cruel but I couldn't resist it!;)

teela

<grins> I'm not much of a meat eater so I don't hunt but I can sew skins. I also can fix any type of meat out here. Nahhhh, I'm more of a "I'd rather dance" type person.....LOL

zahra

Hi Granddad!

Welcome back! I remember when you started your
website-looks great and appears to have grown.

With a busy schedule there may not be much time for
forums, but always time for Rumpole reruns!

It's almost a new year, so keep posting ~~and posting==and posting........

Caroline_afifi

Lizaj Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... You're THAT Liz!

Message me your email ... I may have something you can look at if I tweak it a little and if you don't mind me putting it on my website too.

Caroline :clap: You walked right into that one ... I may be able to help ... Oriental Dancer Website Services Page :lol: If I can get time off this bl***y forum!

Oh thank you, I just forgot to mention that right now I am also Bl**dy Skint! :lol: