What are you reading right now pepole?

Yshka

I'm still somewhere inside Stupid white men by Michael Moore.

Dear Makeda, how is Girls of Riyadh? It's been standing in my bookcloset for months now and I haven't gotten around to reading it. Maybe I should start....

For a while I didn't feel like reading anything because my head was just on overload. Most recent read is Saira Shah's "The Storyteller's daughter. Now THIS is a book I really am enjoying.

I also got a copy of Priya Badri's Ishq and Mushq waiting, and I have Anita Amirrezvani's Blood of Flowers (Or daughter of Isfahan, which is the Dutch title). So much books unread and waiting!!!

God I should start reading again...:think:

Jane

Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir (again) and The Old Contemptibles by Martha Grimes which I borrowed from a friend.

Jane

It is also about time for my annual reading of "A Secret Garden."

I love Secret Garden! One of my favorites as a child.

I am also reading a book about middle eastern costume from pre-Islamic days to the present. A'isha suggested it, and it is very good. Can't recall the exact title offhand, but if anyone is interested, I'll go look.

I'm very interested in that one, could you let me know more about it?

Shanazel

Well, I did re-read Secret Garden, and cried at the end just like I have every time I've read it since the fourth grade. That's a lot of years of tears;).

Jane, I will try and find the information about that book. I read it with a special interest in the history of embroidery, and know I copied a couple of chapters for future reference. I'll look for them in my files since I don't own the book and I do copy title pages, etc. when I do research. Remind me, though. I am pretty brain-dead right now having spent too much of the last several weeks meeting too many deadlines. The last big one (I hope) is Tuesday, so send me a PM or something to remind me if you are still interested.

lizaj

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn. .Victorian Murder mystery. Great characters,vivid impression of London of that era. Second one bought from Amazon US as I can't wait: Silent in the Sanctuary. Just what I like a mixture of history and murder!

Ah I love retirement ...down the coffee shop settle down with that caffeine and a good book and it costs nothing to get there on the bus pass!;)

Zurah

Just finished rereading 'Valley of the Dolls' and 'Once Is Not Enough' by Jacqueline Susann - depressing but utterly addictive. I'm also embarrassed to admit I'm hooked on a manga series about bread and bakers (of all things!)... argh, I'm too old for this kind of thing. Also just finished Patricia Highsmith's 'The Tremor of Forgery', and now I want to get a copy of 'The Talented Mr. Ripley', which I actually started some years ago, but didn't fully read for some reason.

Reen.Blom

Well, I did re-read Secret Garden, and cried at the end just like I have every time I've read it since the fourth grade. That's a lot of years of tears;).

Jane, I will try and find the information about that book. I read it with a special interest in the history of embroidery, and know I copied a couple of chapters for future reference. I'll look for them in my files since I don't own the book and I do copy title pages, etc. when I do research. Remind me, though. I am pretty brain-dead right now having spent too much of the last several weeks meeting too many deadlines. The last big one (I hope) is Tuesday, so send me a PM or something to remind me if you are still interested.

Oh I love secret garden too! :)

Venefica

I am reading a book named The Princess and the Hound. It is a very good fantasy book about a world where animal magic is forbidden, punishable by death and the young prince of the realm that have animal magic and how he tries to figure out his fiancee, a Princess that seam to have the same ability he have, maybe.

Reen.Blom

I am reading a book named The Princess and the Hound. It is a very good fantasy book about a world where animal magic is forbidden, punishable by death and the young prince of the realm that have animal magic and how he tries to figure out his fiancee, a Princess that seam to have the same ability he have, maybe.

What is animal magic? Nice to see you here Venefica!

I am still to finish "The Secret"...