What is this?!?

Jack

Once upon a time, my teacher gave me a DVD with a Lebanese belly dance competition show on it. I really like the DVD and would like to know, what is that show! I've seen the same show on youtube. Here are a few examples:

I think the second video is a different show, but I would like to know what that is too. And in the third clip the music is not original.

Thank you!

lizaj

I dont know about the show.... I just had to say that first dancer was :wall:

haven't we seen this before...was it Nagwa judging?
Oh boy does she give that gal the evils! I'd like to see anyone dance well under that gaze..........

karena

wasn't there a post gypsy did. wasn't it like an x-factor type thing for belly dance. i forget where though... :think:

Maria_Aya

Well the look of Nagua Fuad as a judge and Setrak watching is just priceless !!!
Well "competitions" happen all the places around, and when they are on TV we know that its total commercial, so just dont bother.

Maria Aya

TiaSerena

omg i cannot stop laughing at the looks on their faces. it's as if to say please someone please make it stop. :lol:

Jack

I wasn't proud of posting the girl in the first video as an example for a show I really liked, but I have limmited examples without knowing the name of the show (hint-hint). But it was worth the vid just becouse of the evil looks.:lol:

I think the girls fringe and skin color match too easily and is therefor to hard to see any controlled movements.:naghty: She could be doing an actual move and we couldn't tell.:think:

I don't really care for the competition part having first hand experiance with reality TV shows (I'm not particularily saying that this is one:rolleyes:). I just like to watch them dance (the good ones that is) because of the different camera angles and there stage energy.:clap:

karena

...without knowing the name of the show (hint-hint).

this is the thread i referred to earlier

Belly Dance Forum > Dance from, and inspired by, the Near and Middle East > Video clips from YouTube
Reload this Page Hizzi Ya Nawa3em on LBC

don't know if it is the same (nor how to do a proper link), but looks it to me. the lbc looks the same. i haven't sat and compared the video clips

lizaj

How to pass on the message...
Fold your arms
Suppress (but not quite) a superior smile
Giggle behind (but not quite) your hand

Is it my imagination but how strongly does Nagwa resemble Sharon Osbourne?

PS she was somewhat cr*ppy ,poor gal, but I still felt for her!:lol:

lizaj

Fold your arms

I left out:
Lift Eyebrows
Roll your eyes heavenword
Sigh audibly

Nagwa might also have :looked at her nails, turned to chat to other judges, stood up to adjust her chair or started to fan herself vigorously

Tabitha

Fold your arms

THAT'S who she resembles! I couldn't put my finger on it.

And I expected her to look at her watch at some point. The girl is lovely, with a nice presence and confidence, but she just needs a little refinement. (Or a lot.)

gypsy8522

wasn't there a post gypsy did. wasn't it like an x-factor type thing for belly dance. i forget where though... :think:

There was a discussion about this show before on the Hizzi Ya Nawa3im thread. The first clip, the one with Nagwa fouad, is from a program called Ka2s El Nogoom. This was the first and only season. (No wonder!)

The other two are taken from Studio El Fan, its a highly respectable program that began in 1970, most of today's Lebanese stars, and some legends such as Magida El Roumi were once on that show. However, I don't think the judging panel or the TV station care too much about the standards of contestants in the belly dancing category, which is obvious!

I think LBC is going downhill if you ask me, their shows are mostly commercial, it's becoming more and more about entertainment and less about substance.

Aisha Azar

Magda Al Rumi

There was a discussion about this show before on the Hizzi Ya Nawa3im thread. The first clip, the one with Nagwa fouad, is from a program called Ka2s El Nogoom. This was the first and only season. (No wonder!)

The other two are taken from Studio El Fan, its a highly respectable program that began in 1970, most of today's Lebanese stars, and some legends such as Magida El Roumi were once on that show. However, I don't think the judging panel or the TV station care too much about the standards of contestants in the belly dancing category, which is obvious!

I think LBC is going downhill if you ask me, their shows are mostly commercial, it's becoming more and more about entertainment and less about substance.

Dear Gypsy,
I LOVE Majda El Rumi. I Have not heard anyone mention her in years!! I only have a little of her music, but I think she is wonderful. One of the guys I knew taped a few of the Lebanese shows for me and some of the entertainment was.... well... kind of skanky. There is one amateur group who had a guy doing "Billy Jean is not my Lover", or some Michale Jackson song and he was doing the whole Jackson dance thing. The girls are dressed in maillot cut leos and fishnets, and these big plumes hiding their butt cheeks, and some kind of little hat, I think. It was pretty trashy....There was also one of the more famous Lebanese dancers, can't remember her name, wearing this costume with fabric strips all over it, that she kept tearing off during her whole dance.
Regards,
A'isha

Aniseteph

BTW I watched the Nagwa clip with the sound off, and the body language from all of them is even more impressive when your brain isn't singing along. Some messages cross cultures with no difficulty at all!

KuteNurse

I do not know a lot about this show. Is this an amateur competition of sorts? Or just a televison show?