When it is time?

Kharis

i quite often feel i should just give up as although i love ATS i'm not that good and it doesn't help having had fab dance partner's, but i still love it and know that if i got off my behind more and drilled i would improve, it is hard when you see others around you doing what you want to do, but they've inverable danced for longer, practiced more and not put on loads of weight so whats the answer don't give up just lower your standards :lol:

What makes you think you're not that good? And don't you suppose that you are probably better than someone else along the line somewhere. It's all about perspective. Someone possibly watches you dance and thinks your fantastic....just like you watch others and think the same. Don't block your progression through thinking along these lines.

Emma_Williams

i quite often feel i should just give up as although i love ATS i'm not that good and it doesn't help having had fab dance partner's, but i still love it and know that if i got off my behind more and drilled i would improve, it is hard when you see others around you doing what you want to do, but they've inverable danced for longer, practiced more and not put on loads of weight so whats the answer don't give up just lower your standards :lol:

dONT YOU DARE even consider giving up. Your a great dancer Kate and your passion and enthusiasm for ATS is infectious. We are still only new to this. I class myself lucky to have a fantastic dance partner. You do some things with such attitude and umph that i wish I had!!

lizaj

yes drill drill darling..get off the butt..what matters is you care enough to do it nad want to get better. You aren't in it "just for a giggle", you want to do it properly and YOU also go to the effort of providing opportunities for others . If everyone had your approach, your concern about getting better, we'd have far less of the sloppy,thoughtless dancing we see.

Shara

cold dead hips!

"They'll have to pry my hipscarf off of my cold, dead hips!"

Love it! Inspiring! Here is the "poem" it inspired:

They'll pry my hipscarf from my cold, dead, hips;
And my chocolate from my cold, dead lips;

Okay! your turn to add some lines!

nightdancer

Thank you all.

This came after some of our awesome, awesome drummer friends came down to do some live drumming for us. Brett is a great drummer, and Sarah not only is making huge improvements, she's so pretty to watch drum because she gets so absorbed. I couldnt hear it, I couldnt feel it, I couldnt count it. When I stopped trying to hear with my ears, and listen with my hips, I still couldnt. I was consistently 2 beats off (on a 4/4 time, so it couldnt have been more jacked up.) My much-loved Barbara took me in the back room and we worked out the Chiftelli count and I cried the whole time. I'd be dead lost without that woman...but anyway. After I stopped blubbering like a moron, I gathered up the kids, and just left early. I figured out later than there was just too much going in my head. I work 40-50 hours a week, I am carrying 9 credits of a masters degree, my girls dad is in Haiti right now, one of my dogs is making me insane, my girlfriend and I were arguing heavily, my girls are homeshooled, blah blah blah. Basically, the stress from other areas was stopping up my ears. Both the figurative and literal ones. So, after a few hours with my amazing co-dancer Joyce, working on the one choreo that I really have issues with, I got my attitude adjusted. She showed me a few things (another thread) that I think are going to make plotting a dance soo much easier. Anyway, this is where it all came from, and I am so grateful for you all, as well. Thank you for putting up with me.

Anala,

I've read about intervention at Johara's. If they still are involving the chocolate martinis, I am in need. :D I really think that Joyce's notes are going to help. When she left, I was going, "Wow! I SO get it."

lizaj

For those of us feeling like the older dancer and folding away the hipscarf. Evidently on London TV tonight they went along to film a local dance class where one member is celebrating her 90th birthday:clap::dance:

Shanazel

Gee, Robynne, I can't think of a single reason you are stressed out; your life seems so beautifully simple. :rolleyes:

Sweetie, I hope it gears down to a sustainable level soon. When life starts messing with your dance mind... ooo, not good. Hang in there. We all love you.

PracticalDancer

So, after a few hours with my amazing co-dancer Joyce, working on the one choreo that I really have issues with, I got my attitude adjusted. She showed me a few things (another thread) that I think are going to make plotting a dance soo much easier. Anyway, this is where it all came from, and I am so grateful for you all, as well. Thank you for putting up with me. . . . I really think that Joyce's notes are going to help. When she left, I was going, "Wow! I SO get it."

See, that is why we stay in the dance -- because we get to have friends like Joyce. She has been the rock that has kept me sane many a time, too. And, if it hadn't have been for the dance, I never would have met her. Or you! :D

Ameena 1968

Robynne and Anne... I was sooooo touched by both of you and your kind words... i love to dance and if i can help anyone, I'm there! i'll be there before the coins on your hip scarf catch up to your shimmies!!! Anytime you need me you let me know! if it makes sense to me and it makes sense to you...then maybe i am on the right track! hugs & shimmies

very well said! i cannot agree with you more :)

Last edited by a moderator: