Zill mufflers

Jujube

I made my own quickie ones with some very thin rib knit fabric scraps. I just pinched the fabric round each zill and stitched up the top. It's rough and not pretty but very effective (and free since I had the fabric).

adiemus

We could have done with these hints last night at Kashmir's student show! Imagine 16 (I think) student dancers waiting in the wings. Between them and the stage - a plastic dropcloth. ALL equipped with zills --- and nerves!

LilithNoor

If you are going to crochet zill mufflers, be warned that if you are an enthusiastic or dedicated ziller, you may wear through them in a session or two. My record (for Shira's pattern in doubled crochet thread) was twenty minutes!

Now I make my mufflers in worsted weight yarn, and have resigned myself to replacing them about once a month.

shiradotnet

If you are going to crochet zill mufflers, be warned that if you are an enthusiastic or dedicated ziller, you may wear through them in a session or two. My record (for Shira's pattern in doubled crochet thread) was twenty minutes!

Now I make my mufflers in worsted weight yarn, and have resigned myself to replacing them about once a month.

Wow, you must REALLY be dedicated to practicing! Wearing through your mufflers in only 20 minutes? Really? I'm very, very impressed by your dedication! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

LilithNoor

Wow, you must REALLY be dedicated to practicing! Wearing through your mufflers in only 20 minutes? Really? I'm very, very impressed by your dedication! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

If you ever met my teacher, you'd know it was less dedication and more fear. One does not disobey Mama Dawn when she is in tribal dictator mode!

Seriously though, I think it was less about excessive practice and more about puny crochet thred- I recently crocheted a new batch in worsted cotton and so far so good...