Arrrghhhh...I have too much makeup!

maria_harlequin

I just got a bunch of makeup in that I ordered...and they're so fabulous that I have to share them with you!!

I know Alosha recommended these guys before: The All Natural Face by theallnaturalface on Etsy for their natural mascara. I ordered their concealer/brush set and foundation samples with a bamboo handle Kabuki brush and they sent me a ton of free samples!! Definitely worth a lot more than the money I spent. And their brushes are VERY, VERY soft. If you're into mineral makeup, I really recommend them.

And I also got my new eyeshadows from heavenlynaturalbeauty.com. I ordered the Virtues set and they're amaaaaaaazing. I can't wait to start playing with them. I really recommend Heavenly Naturals for their eyeshadows because they're incredibly pigmented and the shades are really unique. They're not as generous as The All Natural Face when it comes to samples but I did get a few eyeshadow samples a a mini lip gloss. I'm tempted to get the Electric Collection just because.

And finally, the NYX Glitterati Palette! A belly dancer can never have too much glitter.

The hilarious thing about this set is that I flipped it over and it says "Made in P.R.O.C"...they're being creative and putting People's Republic Of China instead of Made in China.

This palette is extremely sparkly but I'm not sure how well it's going to go with my eye shadows...I picked it up for cheap though (you can probably get it for $10 on eBay with free shipping in the States) so I'm going to be experimenting soon...I can't stop looking at them...they're just so sparkly!

I'm so excited!! New makeup makes me feel giddy.

Last edited:

Ranya

Maria I am just like you I have tooooooo much make up... and thing is I only have it because of the dance... during the day in normal life I only wear khol powder (however on THAT one I am very picky, I only wear Hashimi powder khol) and sometimes mascara.
My mum always picks on me for that, but hey, if something sparkles at me I just HAVE TO have it! :S hmmmmmmmmm

maria_harlequin

Maria I am just like you I have tooooooo much make up... and thing is I only have it because of the dance... during the day in normal life I only wear khol powder (however on THAT one I am very picky, I only wear Hashimi powder khol) and sometimes mascara.
My mum always picks on me for that, but hey, if something sparkles at me I just HAVE TO have it! :S hmmmmmmmmm

I hardly ever wear makeup on a daily basis as well...I've really noticed that it seems to be a trend among performing dancers...the more makeup you put on for shows, the less you wear it everyday! But we all have a huge collection :D

gisela

Super Moderator
hmm, I wear loads in daily life. And then some more on stage :lol:

I got a small free makeup session at the mac counter when the had a hello kitty+mac campaign. I could choose to be a "mild kitty" or a "wild kitty". I chose wild naturally, but I was so disappointed, it was SO tame :(. I went home and put on much more of the same and then it almost resembled my everyday look. That makeup artist didn't know who was in her chair that day, hehehe...

maria_harlequin

hmm, I wear loads in daily life. And then some more on stage :lol:

I got a small free makeup session at the mac counter when the had a hello kitty+mac campaign. I could choose to be a "mild kitty" or a "wild kitty". I chose wild naturally, but I was so disappointed, it was SO tame :(. I went home and put on much more of the same and then it almost resembled my everyday look. That makeup artist didn't know who was in her chair that day, hehehe...

Maybe it's because Hello Kitty is still tame when she's wild? ;) I love that collection btw, it's adorable.

Farasha Hanem

I can't imagine Hello Kitty being very wild. XD

Lovely makeup, Maria! We have a line of makeup called "Hard Candy" where I work that I'm thinking of trying. I mean, eye shadow tattoos!!! :shok: :D

Darbla

OMG, makeup is a weakness for me. You got some gorgeous paints there!

How much coverage do the All Natural Face minerals provide? I was just posting in Alosha's acne thread that I need to wean off the heavy liquid makeup I've been using, but I still want a lot of coverage until my skin has improved.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
JEALOUS!! ooo so shinny. And to think i though I had a lot when i only have 10 different shadows.

adiemus

My children, when they were a little younger, went through my handbag and pulled out all my lipsticks. I had 12 lipsticks in the handbag, plus more (about 15) in my makeup kit. So yes, over 24 lipsticks and they were all in active use. What made it worse was my kids saying 'but Mum, they're all the same colour!!'
The little barbarians have NO sense at all - not one of the lippies was the same as another!!!

...let's not get started on my eyeshadows, blushers, eyeliners, mascaras, lip liners, foundations, powders, and assorted brushes for applying such things!!!

maria_harlequin

OMG, makeup is a weakness for me. You got some gorgeous paints there!

How much coverage do the All Natural Face minerals provide? I was just posting in Alosha's acne thread that I need to wean off the heavy liquid makeup I've been using, but I still want a lot of coverage until my skin has improved.

Their foundation is really versatile. You can use a kabuki brush and just sweep the powder over your face and it'll give you great coverage but lighter coverage - or you can mix it with a bit of water or your favorite moisturizer (I have really dry skin so I just mix it with a bit of olive oil if I want liquid foundation) for liquid foundation and then you can use the powdered form over that again. That'll give you A LOT of coverage.

I suggest you get her to send you samples first to find your perfect shade! I end up mixing four shades together in order to get one that matched my skin perfectly. She's up for creating custom shades to match your skin tone.

GypsyStacey

I have a question about the glitter. How do you find it works for you? I have a smaller bunch of their glitter & I find it doesn't go on easily. Do you find the same?

Yuri

That looks nice.

I also have too much make-up, I've got it stashed away all over the house - in bags, boxes, cupboards :D I rarely ever wear it though.

Even though I tell myself I never need to buy any more like...ever again, I always see something I can't "help" but get. Like lately I've been eyeing up that Pro 120 Pallette on ebay (there's so many lovely tutorials using it on you-tube). But really, with what I've got, I'd have no problem finding similar colours to use. It just looks so tempting! :redface:

Greek Bonfire

Tee hee on the name of this thread! But really, you never can have too much makeup, just like you can never have enough costumes ;)

Reen.Blom

It actually looks much better if you blend in a bit after application - watched some youTube vids, can really look nice.... yet unless it really got intricate pattern, it prolly will be faster to apply normal one with allthe blending.... unless the tattoo lasts longer...

I on the opposite dont have enough makeup. Wanna get some foundation ( never had one) some concealer, etc.... I given up on eye make up.... Normally just use a light perly pencil for lower lid waterline and mascara...

Im useless... LOL

Was tempted by mineral makup, yet what bothers me is that you never know what ingredients they really use and how high is their hygiene, if it is 'home-made'....