Costume Malfunction.. Yah!

Maria_Aya

Loved what you did girl !!! Bravo !

Have to describe something i saw with my own eyes !
Cairo, NileGroup festival, with the live band is dancing one russian girl.
Yousef is singing, the band is Saffaa.
So from the begining seemed something not going ok with the bra, at the middle of the song the back place breaks ! the 2 helpers of Aida Nour (that had made the costume) go ON stage, while the band goes into a canoon taqasim, the dancer continue's to shimmy and they are behind her with the small box sewing ON Stage the bra !
All people clapping, and after a great drum solo !
:D

Yshka

Wow wow wow Cassandra, love your dancing and love the strap as a new prop :D. That was really cool. First off when I watched the clip I must say I hadn't read the clear strap thing and was just amazed at the confidence and energy you showed and the bra staying on so perfectly. I agree with Aniseteph so bad haha, hip flooffies rock!

I must say I also LOVE Lulu's video and definitely adore Maria's description. Oh my, I always hope I will have a 'good moment' when a malfunction happens. When my bra came undone once at a restaurant I was lucky for a middle strap I'd sewn in between the straps around my neck to hold the shoulder ones in place, but still had to put my arms close to my body and kept dancing trying to keep it on lol.

Last malfunction I had was literally ALL of my arm accessories from the same costume coming off during my veil entrance. They all just slid down one by one and I had to keep dropping my veil from one hand to throw my costume pieces to the back of the stage....:lol:. It made for a very interesting ehm.... mergence.... Nope, bellydancers USUALLY don't strip lol.

As a side note, can I ask if anybody knows what song is that in the Lulu video?
(you know you're a moderator of the music section when....) Thanks :D

Edited to add: DOH! I have that song.... It's Layalina ;)
(you know a moderator of the music section is tired when...)

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
You already know what I think about the cat peeing on your costume and what I thought of the performance, so I won't repeat it here.

Here's one of my favorite costume malfunction videos:

Lesson from Cassandra's video: If your bra strap falls off, turn it into a prop.
Lesson from Lulu's video: if you see a dancer's bra come unhooked during her performance (and it's not on a raised stage), rush over and help!

:lol: This made me think of a "pit-stop" in formula 1 racing :lol: She was so eager to get out on that track again one could almost see smoke from the wheels.

Shara

My latest costume malfunction was my hair fork! I did a spin and a head roll and my fork flew off and skidded across the floor and my hair came down. Afterward everyone said they thought it was part of the dance and supposed to happen that way! How funny!:D

LadyLoba

I don't have a costume yet, but I know how the bra strap thing goes...even on my bras I wear with my regular clothes...the ones I have now..the old style Second Skin Satin from Victoria's Secret...have straps that stretch out and don't snap back for some weird reason, so the rest of the bra fits, but the straps are too big....very annoying.

If I ever do get a belly dance costume, I'm going to be the most nervous about the accidental flashing variety of costume malfunctions...especially in the skirt area.

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Two words: TOUPEE TAPE!

I don't leave the dressing room without having my chest taped into my costume, my skirt taped to my thighs, hip wrap taped to hip area on skirt, headwrap taped to head, and of course underwear pinned and taped to skirt.

Toupee tape is STRONG but I swear by it. Plus taking it off is sort of like a cheap version of a chemical peel. LOL.

Imeera

You have to admire any dancer that can pull any costume malfunction off with style! Love your dances by the way MissVega and the costume looks great! ^.^

seona

You have to admire any dancer that can pull any costume malfunction off with style! Love your dances by the way MissVega and the costume looks great! ^.^

Ditto!
I love your dancing Missvega, you are a natural and have such a lovely smile, brava! :clap:

MissVega

Imeera & Seona,
thank you so much:) I always appreciate kind words and encouragement. Keeps me honest and working hard lol;)

Aziyade, like a chemical peel? LOL that sounds painful!

LunaXJJ

Love your dancing as always Cass. Nice job handling the costume malfunction. :)

Can I ask where you got that skirt? I really like the fuller skirts like that, but can never find them online. Most of them are thin, and/or sheer.

RayaDancer

wow great show despite the wardrobe issues! you definitely pulled it off with grace, style and humor!
and thank goodness you had the foresight to put on those clear straps... :D