Do Clients Expect a Bare Belly?

Aniseteph

http://www.pharaonixofegypt.com/PharaonixofEgypt/selectionof-pharaonix-collections/index.php

Helmy 2004 the blue one.
You have to click around the thumbnails.
Totally OTT
I only got one shawl when I ordered it and wear it on the hips. It made Amulya's UGBD tribe in the lime green version but I love my midnight blue!!!:)
Howeer long I have had it..I think it wears well.

Wooohooooo! Now that's what I call a belly dance dress :cool: Don't like the pink but the dark blue is gorgeous :dance:

Carry on, back to topic...

Kharis

I've worn a jewel on my belly button while wearing a body stocking. This will work with power net, power mesh, or fishnet but I wouldn't try it on glissonette, the mesh which resembles support hose. I glued some velcro on the back of a large jewel with a flat back. When I put the body stocking on, I separated the 2 sides of the velcro, placed the jewel over my belly button then secured it in place by placing the other side of the velcro on the inside of the body stocking. I made others in colors to match or harmonize with my bedlas.

I used to attach a huge diamante earring to my fishnet bodystocking at the navel. It used to glitter like mad when I shimmied. I saw this used to great effect by Lucy, and so if it was good enough for her, it was good enough for me. But some folks think the jewel in the navel trick is cheesy and feeds the fantasy.

Ariadne

Ok, this thread convinced me to design a dress for my second to next project. I was trying to design a bedlah and I just wasn't happy with the results. I think I like this design sooo much better and they do say variety is the spice of life.

lizaj

EXCUSEME MY IGNORANT PLEASE:confused:

WHAT'S A MEAN BELLY BARE DRESS??

Is it the mean bit that puzzles you,Edmundo?
Or how a dress can have a bare belly?

by means of using .....Mesh...cut outs you would create a dress suitable for giving the illusions but hey lycra allows moves to be seen beautifully so many women can successfully go without a bare belly.
Wether or not a client might want that is another question and they hold the purse strings.

Yuri

Not sure if this is on topic but, the dance studio where we practice is hosting a student showcase evening and our class is doing a routine and our teacher made up for us some beautiful long dresses with a silver sash for the hips.

When I brought it home and showed it to both my mum and my partner, they sort of made a weird face :confused: and said things like "how are you supposed to belly dance in that? Aren't you meant to show off your belly? Won't you be unable to see the moves properly if your belly's covered?"

They didn't seem to believe me when I explained that it's fine to wear dresses while belly dancing so I hope they'll get it when they come to see me dance later.