Tell me something about yourself...

Amulya

that we don't know yet. That hasn't been mentioned in any other threads.

I used to post all these games on here, but ran out of ideas! But I'm back on track!

I'll go first: I like gothic- and heavy metal music. Wouldn't have expected that from me huh? :lol:]

Your turn!

Harry

Amulya, I wouldn't have expected anybody from Oz to like gothic- and heavy metal music. If anything, I thought Ozzies would be more into Country and Western. I guess I'm ignorant. Live and learn.:)

Ok, here's mine: Over my 21 years in the U.S. Navy, I circumnavigated the world. Specifically: Approached Singapore from the West Coast of North America, and from the East Coast, around the 'horn' of Africa (never made it to Oz, drat it!).

Shanazel

I inherited about thirty-five or forty handmade quilts from my grandmothers and one great grandmother, and a hand crocheted bedspread from a second great grandmother. Some of the quilts are close to 100 years old, all but a few are at least 70 years old.

(Pretty impressive, Harry, but have you ever been to Lost Cabin, Wyoming? NO? Man, you just haven't lived.)

Amulya

Shanazel, that's so cool!

Harry, yes there are people in Oz who like such music, but I'm originally from The Netherlands. One of my friends is really into heavy metal, I'm more a person who likes a big variety of music.

Lydia

my great grandfather was a painter....he is famous aswell!! his paintings are sold for millions of euro,s,dollars whatever
my grandmother married the wrong man so her parents took her out of the will therefore she did not get anything!! the home from her parents was given to the state and is now a museum...love my grandma but realy grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:lol

Amulya

LOL, but at least she married the man she loved! My great grandmother wasn't so lucky: arranged marriage *puke*

Lydia

hahaha amulya that was bad... your poor granny .....o yes my granny she was in love with him my gosh!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

(Pretty impressive, Harry, but have you ever been to Lost Cabin, Wyoming? NO? Man, you just haven't lived.)
I haven't been to anyplace in Wyoming :(, but would like to some day, if for nothing else, just to drop in and say "hi", Shanazel :). Then, you probably don't know very many people that were born in Toledo .... Oregon!:shok: (Yep, me!). Even more fun, both my parents were small-town school teachers.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Well, on your next trip to Toledo, you just come on by and we'll have a grand old time. Come on a Monday and you can sit in with my husband's French horn ensemble practice.

Harry

...you can sit in with my husband's French horn ensemble practice.
:think: I could probably handle 2nd or 4th. 1st and 3rd might be too much of a challenge (your husband will understand this if you don't), as it has been a few years since I picked up a Fr. Horn.

To really stay on topic, I haven't mentioned that I have played most of the instruments found in the brass section.

Shanazel

I've lived with a brass player for 30 years- I know more about 1, 2, 3, and 4 horn than I ever wanted to- and there is my latest didja know information. You come on out. I'll even find you a horse to fall off of.

leb_American

Well I am new here so basically anything I tell you folks will be new, but here goes. I have always had a love for the bagpipes and celtic music even though I was raised in America by lebanese parents . First time I heard the bagpipes I felt like I was in a trance lol:D and I have been hooked ever since.

lizaj

In my long past youth as a Girl Guide (Scout) I was the first to pass the "aircraft" badge. I went and had a flight in a WW1 bi-plane, scared myself witless and was as sick as a dog on landing!

Darshiva

I am a complete and utter geek. You can guarantee that if I'm not out of town for a hafla or workshop on a given weekend, that I will be seated with friends around a table groaning under the weight of dice and snackyfoods. Come to think of it, that explains my rubenesque figure. ;)

lizaj

YouTube - The Coral - Secret Kiss

I'm to be seen very briefly on a pop video. I have a longer version than this and I have to explain that believing we had finished filming we hit the bar to be told to get back in front of cameras..that bit is in the full version :cool:

Shanazel

First time I heard the bagpipes I felt like I was in a trance lol:D and I have been hooked ever since.

Well, dear, no doubt there is a Hamilton or Gleghorn somewhere in your background. :D