The Greek Forum has been hacked !

Maria_Aya

Hi all....
Its just sooo sad, the greek forum that I created 4 years ago, have been hacked from last weekend.
Unfortunately it was just a simple msn group forum, but worked ok for the last years.
We had 270 members from all over greece, and greeks from abroad.
Everything is lost and right now i cant deal with the idea of it.
I'm just announcing it here as some of the greek members are members also here and cant communicate with them other way.
Within the next month, i'll come up with a new more secure one and with new very strict rules for being a member and how to behave in the forum.

Maria Aya

Moon

Oh Maria, that's terrible :( *hugs* Hackers are such terrible people, I really hate them! Don't they have anything better to do than ruining other people's work?
*sigh*

I hope anything from your old forum can be restored. If not, I wish you a lot of success with your new forum.
You can't be brought down that easily, right?

karena

I'm so sad for you. :( I wish I knew how to send you pictures of nice things but I don't.

And welcome to any greek forum refugees, and I hope they enjoy their stay.

janaki

Hackers are pathetic people. I am sorry to hear this Maria. It is inconvenient but knowing how strong a personality you are, you can start all over again and up and running:pray:. I wish I could help you.

Big HUUUUUUGGGGGG
Janaki

Shanazel

I remember how desolate we all were when this forum was hacked a year or two ago. My sympathies to you and your Greek forum members, Maria.

Ranya

GRRRR a HATE hackers! that is so awful, wish I could help you maria but I can't (or let me know if there is a way I can). In our school we had also problems lately with hackers and we think it is one of the students but we don't know who. The hacker has been sending mails in the name of students from their e-mail addresses and all that a he managed to download photos of veiled muslim girls without their veil from their private PC (skilled hacker what?)
and he has been menacing them with publishing them on the internet. That is DISGUSTING, I don't know how someone can do that. And I don't know why people hack bellydance forums that is so pointless!

chryssanthi sahar

. And I don't know why people hack bellydance forums that is so pointless!

Well in this case I know. I'm sure that the people who hacked the Greek forum were not just any hackers, but certain people who wanted it to disappear. We had a quite wild discussion going on in the Greek forum and Maria said her honest but uncomfortable opinion at the end and the next day the forum was hacked. Since everybody who was in the Greek forum knew, that it is Maria's forum, I suppose they just wanted her and all of us who said uncomfortable things about the bluffers in the Greek belly dance community to shut up. I'm sad to say, that I was one of the people who started the discussion unwillingly. Somebody wanted information about something and I answered (unfortunately with my nick, which doesn't contain my real name, so nobody knew it was me. Maybe if they would have known, they would have been more careful about how they talk to me.) and some person who probably feels very insecure about her skills (and she has a reason to) felt offended and starting attacking me and the person who had asked the information. There was really no reason at all to feel offended by our postings, so we both reacted, but this put the forum on fire and a wild discussion started.
Maria, don't let them put you down! Go on and fight!

Salome

Administrator
Dear Maria, I know what you are going through! So sorry to hear it. Hopefully it can be recovered!

Safran

Aww, Maria, I'm sorry to hear the forum is really down... I wish you all the best of luck with creating a new one, let us know how it is going!

We had a quite wild discussion going on in the Greek forum and Maria said her honest but uncomfortable opinion at the end and the next day the forum was hacked.

If that is really the scenario, I have to say I don't understand those people... Do they really think we live in the dark ages, where information only travels through one channel? So when they take this channel down, people will suddenly stop talking about the question. Geez...

janaki

You don't give up Maria Aya!!! You are strong and you are strong believer. Since I have seen so much "phobic" stuff about greek belly dance scene lately, Greece need to you more than ever!!!!

KuteNurse

I am sorry Maria! Hopefully everything will be up more safe and secure than before. When you get your new site up, it will be better than before:)

Aniseteph

:mad: How frustrating and sad for you and your forum members. If it IS down to one of the belly bluffers then like Maariku said they must be pretty dumb/desperate. As if there aren't plenty of belly dance forums and message boards... :rolleyes:

chryssanthi sahar

If that is really the scenario, I have to say I don't understand those people... Do they really think we live in the dark ages, where information only travels through one channel? So when they take this channel down, people will suddenly stop talking about the question. Geez...

Well Maarika, you don't know how stupid some Greeks can be. You have only learned the nice ones until now:lol:
I also don't understand what is their goal putting down the forum. Of course it is no problem to create a new one (well, it is very much work though) and to be honest, it'll be better to have a new, better structured Greek forum, because the old own was not so convenient. Maria had created another forum ans she had tried to transfer everything there, but for a reason it didn't work. Well, this time it'll work!
As about those stupid people who try to inhibit others telling their opinions, they only hurt themselves. Some of the dancers involved in the wild discussion would like to work outside Greece, but through the way they behaved we, Greeks who live abroad or have good connections abroad, will never support them:mad: So, as the Germans say, they cut their own flesh.

Salome

Administrator
Not to stir the hornets nest... but I have to admit I am curious about the topic that they hacked the forum. Do you mind mentioning it?

Maria_Aya

it'll be better to have a new, better structured Greek forum, because the old own was not so convenient. Maria had created another forum ans she had tried to transfer everything there, but for a reason it didn't work. Well, this time it'll work!
As about those stupid people who try to inhibit others telling their opinions, they only hurt themselves. Some of the dancers involved in the wild discussion would like to work outside Greece, but through the way they behaved we, Greeks who live abroad or have good connections abroad, will never support them:mad: So, as the Germans say, they cut their own flesh.

Thanks all and my dear Chryssanthi.
Yes as the greek forum was just an msn group (but worked great connecting 270 people the last 4 years) needed to be more up today.
I tryed last year to make a nice forum (and silly me) as it was expensive and no one is paying something to have it up, i payed some money to an Egyptian programizer and we hosted it there.
Well turned that egyptians and greeks when it comes to computer's and work and organizing is a disaster.
Right now I'm crazy working, so dont have time for it, but in general my idea is to having a forum, that i'm not gonna be the only moderator, or mine, but lets say to "belong" to a specific group of greek teachers and dancers that we approach the dance with the same spirit.

maria aya