Help with WBDday Website!

Reen.Blom

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I would ask youto click through the site as I had trouble updating it recently and I need to find broken/wrong links, missing graphics, broken buttons etc!

We are about to put up the Sheduele 2008 but before we do so I need to be sure that everything works ok!

I was told that there was something wrong with menu on the events button, but it does not show on my computer and all theothers that I have tried, so it is difficult for me to fix something that I do not know what is wrong! Maybe it has to do with JavaScript being blockd on the other machine! I really have no clue.

If you do find mistakes, please do post them here, with the name and version of your Browser!

Love and hugs to everyone!
Reen.Blom

World Belly Dance Day

Moon

As far as I've seen, everything on the site is working for me. I'm using firefox (sorry, no idea which version but it's updated regularly).

Salome

Administrator
All the links worked for me. Though I did have some trouble getting the events page at first. I needed to click the 2007 sub link that appeared when I moused over the events link. That might confuse people since that is the only link where you need to do that...

Dev

The site is perfectly working on my computers. Both in IE and FF browser. I did a broken link check here is the list, If it helps.

Regards

Ranya

Hi when I click on Janaki's name, it opens up Daphné...But when I click on Janaki's pic, it opens up Janaki all right.

Oh btw, I was trying to have my show in may (see another thread about my project Arabesque), but I managed to have the city hall only in june. The date is 7th june and although it is not May, could it be part of the WBDDay?

Reen.Blom

All the links worked for me. Though I did have some trouble getting the events page at first. I needed to click the 2007 sub link that appeared when I moused over the events link. That might confuse people since that is the only link where you need to do that...

Thank you Salome, I know it is a bit confusing, but hopefully I will be able to add more menus as the site grows! I will think though of other ways to do that!

Reen.Blom

The site is perfectly working on my computers. Both in IE and FF browser. I did a broken link check here is the list, If it helps.

Regards

Hey Dipali, Sweetie, how did you do that link check....LOL I am now curious... will have to look it up online!

Last edited:

Reen.Blom

Hi when I click on Janaki's name, it opens up Daphné...But when I click on Janaki's pic, it opens up Janaki all right.

Oh btw, I was trying to have my show in may (see another thread about my project Arabesque), but I managed to have the city hall only in june. The date is 7th june and although it is not May, could it be part of the WBDDay?

Oh thatnk you for that! It was really a mistake and hopefully it is fixed now, It does not show on MY computer yet but should be obvious soon. On the front page did anyone see a map of Singapore? For some reason it does not want to update on all our computers, probably because the server is in England... Singapore did not submit their report that's why they are taken off until they do so....

Oh Ranya as for the Arabesque, please email Lydia about it, But I think that one of the conditions it is that it was held all over the World on the same day... I dunno cos someone was unhappy with the name, or the date, or something and what we really want to avoid is the splitting of the celebration, since many people wikll just start their own thing I assume. Write to Lydia anyways....

Oh and I think I am going to start in Other Dance Stuff a thread about WBDday 2008, if you excuse me, cos this thread I would like to keep to technickal site stuff....

karena

I see no Singapore map, and I am in England. (Not sure whether I should see one or not).

The Janaki links worked fine for me.

I couldn't break it, but will try some more later.

Only comment is that some of the header look like button as they are in that same yellow banner, but doesn't hinder using it.

I am Firefox 2.0.0.11 on a Mac

Reen.Blom

Thank you Karena, Singapore map should not be there anymore, although it is still showing it on mine (even with browser cache cleaned)!

Oh And thanks for telling about Janaki link, I have fixed it, but again it has not updated on my side yet...LOL

mmmmm Not sure though what you mean by header looking like button... mmmm....lol

karena

mmmmm Not sure though what you mean by header looking like button... mmmm....lol

My English was so bad on that bit!

What I mean is, when I look at the homepage, I have yellow buttons down the side (Home, Belldance, Events, Dancers and so on), then on the body of the page, just above the maps, there is a header which says Events 2007, which looks just like a button but doesn't do anything when I click on it. It is same shape and colour as a button (in fact is it a button that doesn't work? - I didn't think of that :think:). I have the same on the Events 2007 page where is says Gallery, and on the Join Us page where it says Contact. As I said, it doesn't stop me using it, just confused me momentarily. Unless they are meant to be buttons, in which case I can report they don't work.

Hope that makes more sense...

KuteNurse

I didn't have any trouble navigating on your site Reen. However, I have never seen it before and I have to tell you how beautiful it is. I really enjoyed reading about Lydia, Maria and Janaki:) All three of you are inspirations to us newer dancers. Reen, you and Lydia must have taken hours and hours of time to come up with such great resources for us.:)

Reen.Blom

My English was so bad on that bit!

What I mean is, when I look at the homepage, I have yellow buttons down the side (Home, Belldance, Events, Dancers and so on), then on the body of the page, just above the maps, there is a header which says Events 2007, which looks just like a button but doesn't do anything when I click on it. It is same shape and colour as a button (in fact is it a button that doesn't work? - I didn't think of that :think:). I have the same on the Events 2007 page where is says Gallery, and on the Join Us page where it says Contact. As I said, it doesn't stop me using it, just confused me momentarily. Unless they are meant to be buttons, in which case I can report they don't work.

Hope that makes more sense...

Oh I see now what you mean!! Those are not buttons! Buy hey I never thought about it like that! I will definitly have to do something about it!!!!! Thank you!

Oh and KuteNurse, thank you for your kind words!!!

Ranya

Hey Reen, thank you very much, I see what u mean, and I will email Lydia if it possible to make an exception for my event without changing the date (u see some sort of afterparty...hehe). I do not want to steal the show or anything and I absolutely understand your concerns. And if it does not work this year, hey maybe the next it will. Cheers! :D

Dev

Dear Reen, I use several SEO tools for optimization. Most of them are free and easy to use. Please type iwebtools in google. In their website they have all these useful diognostic tools and a forum for webmasters.

Regards.

Kiraze

I try to get other organizers of dance happenings in Finland to send also their pictures and information as I know were at least two other dance schools besides El Hosseny Dance to organize something. I will post about this to Finnish dance forum as well will ask them to inform you about happenings this year.

For Singapore I dont know why Samra has not sent pictures/information of last happening but I would love to see our tiny island back on page so perhaps you could link there this information appearing at Samra's Web-pages. Also info about this year is already there :)

Lydia

Reen Reen i have to make a solo tabla on your name ,,reen tata s reen ta..reen tata s reen ta...for doing this site...Reen is the one doing the site !! i have the easy part just sharing idea,s with her and answering the emails with my clumsy english,but i think we make a good team and i dont say anything yet but 2008 events looking good!!!! and plenty people working already very hard so tums uuuuuuuup for the worldbellydanceday what was just a ,,silly,, idea that came to me ones when i was taking a shower,LOL Have a great day everone and smile you are a dancer!!

Lydia

O yes i forgat to mention sorry, sorry, Ranya sweety yes it has to be on the second Saturday in May every year that is 1 of the rules,otherwise people just give us stuff from september or feb and still calling it events from the worldbellydanceday,it can be something small no problem but only from that day please thank you sweety,have a great day Lydia

Maria_Aya

Heyyy Lydia
The date is 10 May for this year, but we cant find theatre for Satuday, and we booked for Friday, we are counting for Greece right?;)

Maria Aya:)