Security Cameras and Dressing Rooms

maria_harlequin

Same gig as the audience harassment one, I noticed that the dressing room they gave us was full of security cameras! Actually, I didn't notice...but my friend did...

So keep your eye out for stuff like that! I'm feeling incredibly stupid...security cameras...so obvious and yet I didn't think of it...

Daimona

Same gig as the audience harassment one, I noticed that the dressing room they gave us was full of security cameras! Actually, I didn't notice...but my friend did...

So keep your eye out for stuff like that! I'm feeling incredibly stupid...security cameras...so obvious and yet I didn't think of it...

You should even be aware of possible hidden cameras.
Every time I'm in a dressing room, I'ml using my wardrobe skills from high school (how to get dressed without revealing yourself) in case there are any hidden cameras around that I haven't noticed.

A friend of mine once experienced that somebody had put a video camera pointing her way in the dressing room when she was changing. They hadn't even bothered hiding it. She noticed it and turned it the other way before taking any clothes off. As she got back to the dressing room after dancing, she could see that the camera once again was turned towards her stuff - and that the camera actually was running and recording her movements backstage. :naghty:
She was furious! She demanded her payment immediately, refused to dance the second set and left in a taxi.

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

Doh, did these people ever heard of the Peeping Tom law? Not to mention violation of your privacy? Of course, next time you see a camera, you can throw a coverup on it before you give them a dirty look!:mad:

LunaXJJ

Or paint the lens with lipstick or waterproof mascara:cool:

Those people! My Gaaah!

That's an awesome idea.

This is why I don't use dressing rooms when clothes shopping. Walmart for example you can see the ceiling cameras from the dressing room. If you can see them, they can probably see you, so I'd rather risk having to return/exchange the item than have my rear end exposed to the security guys in the back room.

Greek Bonfire

Yes yes! Now we're talking! Glitter hairspray? Nail polish? :whistle: I think we need a little angel smiley.

All of the above, Gisela. Seriously, I am not for destroying private property but even if we did this, it would be interesting to see if the owners brought a claim against us. :lol:

LunaXJJ

I could only imagine.

Camera Owner: "Well your honor, I placed a camera in the dressing room because I'm a filthy pervert like that, and she completely ruined the lens! I've been trying for a week to get all the glitter off but the more I try to remove the more glitter seems to reappear. She used magical duplicating glitter, I swear! She's a witch I tell ya!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Farasha Hanem

That's an awesome idea.

This is why I don't use dressing rooms when clothes shopping. Walmart for example you can see the ceiling cameras from the dressing room. If you can see them, they can probably see you, so I'd rather risk having to return/exchange the item than have my rear end exposed to the security guys in the back room.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please don't say the "W" word! It's the Company-Which-Cannot-Be-Named! :confused:

If I ever caught a camera in a dressing room recording, I would call the police on my cell phone pronto, and hold said camera until they got there, but that's just me. Maybe not the best way to handle it, but it's better than getting arrested myself for ninja-zilling a pervert to death. OR using my Cas Hanwei. :rolleyes: :lol:

lizaj

PS. The problem here in the UK we are getting so used to security cameras everywhere we tend to ignore them.:think:

Crystalllized

The owner at one of the restaurants i dance for put a security camera in the office where the dancers dress after some stuff was stolen (not by dancers!). He didn't think to tell us, but a kind female manager alerted the dancers to this fact and showed us a 3 foot space under the camera that doesn't get filmed.

lizaj

Cameras in dressing rooms?! What weird country do you guys live in? o_O

I agree that it's an invasion of privacy in dressing rooms but premises will be concerned about claims for theft of property this is why they are installed legitimately. Of course it is open to abuse. Try living in the Uk, where we are on camera many many times a day whenever we visit our town or city centres. They are everywhere. An American dancer visited us lasy year and said they freaked her out..we've got used to them .BIG BROTHER is not just on TV ..he is watching us and do you know what..we ignore them on the whole.
Then again we have machines that can see right through us in airports.
I am very much against the situation but if it keeps us safe from terrorist bombs, I suppose we have to live with it. And having lived through both the IRA bombing as well as the recent London bombings , if lives are saved.....
Of course they also also used in the fight against ordinary crime and we can expect to find them everywhere ..yes even in changing and dressing rooms while we have thieves.

Crystalllized

It is strange for USA, but in the restaurant that has a camera, dancers change in the back office where they have lots of valuable things. A while ago some of the safe money and really expensive wine went missing so the owner put a camera back there.

maria_harlequin

I've never seen a camera in a dressing room here but we don't perform in restaurants here and for that certain gig with the camera, it wasn't a "dressing room" - it was a banquet room that could be walled off when parties aren't so big - hence the cameras.

da Sage

It is strange for USA, but in the restaurant that has a camera, dancers change in the back office where they have lots of valuable things. A while ago some of the safe money and really expensive wine went missing so the owner put a camera back there.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to put a lock on the wine closet or whatever?:mad:

Farasha Hanem

Wouldn't it make more sense just to put a lock on the wine closet or whatever?:mad:

Awwwwwwwww, I couldn't rep you! :( But ILU! XD <3<3<3

whoa...BIG image... oO;;